Swollen toe

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi I know swelling will stay for a while but I'm two weeks post op today getting about really well and virtually pain free get stitches out Thursday I havnt been in cast just bandage and shoe, I've noticed although my foot isn't swollen too much at all my big toe is still sad I can move it without pain but still very swollen I know I had osteotomy on toe aswell is anyone else same ? I know it's still early days just not looking forward to stitches out when tie looks to tight sad

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I am 32 days post op and swelling is the worst problem for me as well. I only potter around the house and do not do very much but it seems to hit me after lunch and spend the rest of the adternoon and evening just sitting with feet up. I think that this is normal. I am going to the hospital for a dressing change this afternoon so I will ask the nurse, but I think it is the body,s way of saying that we need to rest and not to over do things.

I have lost the throbbing sensation now which is good, but now getting stressed out by the swelling. I dtill have bandages on because I had 2 toes straightened but it feels as if the toes are trying toburst through the bandages.

I will see what words of wisdom the nurse has.

• Posted

Ah thank you yes the swelling feels uncomfortable I guess I need to be patient as only two weeks and I did have pin put in just so not used to doing very little although I'm amazed how well I'm getting about although a lot slower, good luck today
  • Posted

I had my surgery on both feet Dec 8 and am getting around really well. The tops of my feet are still a little swollen even now with a little sensitivity where the surgery was. I guess it's normal. I believe it can take up to a year for everything to settle down completely. Good luck and as you say it's early days. 
  • Posted

My foot is still very swollen, it's worse in the afternoon if I stay on it too much during the morning.. I was getting around pretty well on my shoe, but this morning getting dressed without my shoe I accidently stood on my whole foot. I felt this shooting pain from the top of my foot, to the tip of my toe.. It's really hurting to walk now.. I am resting it as much as possible now because it really hurts now. What an idiot I am .....☺️
    • Posted

Hope it's all ok it's so easy to do as you begin to feel better rest and ice and hope it works smile

• Posted

No it's still very sore, all along the tendon running down from my ankle to the tip of my toe.. I know their is a tendon all down there..I will keep icing it.. And keep hoping but it's hard when I have to walk on it, even with my special shoe..
    • Posted

Oh dear I would be tempted to call the hospital where you had it done.  Did they give you a number?  Just to check. I'm am sure it will be fine but they encouraged me to call with any concerns.

hope it improves. X

• Posted

I think if it's still sore in the morning I will do that, it's a bit late now and better to talk to the clinic, it's on tomorrow because it's Thursday's. Xx
  • Posted

Hi Lynave 55, I took some naproxen last night and that helped, after a nights rest the pain has eased.. But I can still feel it when I walk, all up my toe and across the top of my arch.. Rang the hospital and have an appointment tomorrow.. 😄

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.