SWOLLEN TONGUE any advice???

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have had a swollen tongue for 3 months, it started when I was 7 months pregnant, it's swollen with teeth indents on the sides, it is harder to talk as it rubs against teeth now and is making me miserable, because it doesn't block my airway and I'm able to eat it is apparently not a medical emergency so A&E can't help, so I have been to my doctors and had numerous blood tests done all normal, iv been on strong antibiotics incase of infection nothing changed, it never goes down and is constantly swollen so they do not think I have allergies. I'm at a loss I'm now taking vitamin c and vitamin d just to boost the immune. It's causing me so much anxiety

2 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

In my case my tongue was swollen from allergies. Inflammation of the tongue and nose as well as my face. Stopped taking supplements that had a filler in them my doc recommended that it could be the cause. This was after I went thru all the allergynyesting.
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply 😊. I may try going back to basics and trying like plain food, no gluten dairy or eggs and avoid supplements like you have said and hope it helps. Thanks for your reply. X

• Posted

I do hope it helps for you. It is a miserable feeling. 

I'll my fingers crossed!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.