SWOLLEN VULVA AFTER PERIOD

Posted , 3 users are following.

It seems like its one problem after another,i have been dealing with many issues down there. Been tested for HIV and STDS,im totally healthy over all.I even got my hormone levels checked and a bunch of blood work done. I was dealing with chronic itching for about 2 yrs, its a bit better now after taking DOXEPIN its an anti depressant that helps nerves calm down.BUT thats not why im writing, ive noticed my vulva is very swollen along with my clit.I tried to pay attention to every little thing and i noticed that when im on my period it goes away, but after im done with my period it comes back. Has anyone dealt with this before ?

I went with my dermatologist and she said to keep taking some benadryl because i thought that was helping a bit.Does this sound normal is it something i should worry about ? sometimes it gets very fat and uncomfortable.I dont use any soaps down there just water and i dont use tampons. Hope someone out there can help me in any way thanks!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have a similar thing with, as yet, undiagnosed itching (which I've had for 18 months); I do have maybe one day on my period when it is fine, and I actually manage to sleep all night, but then it is worse after my period. I find tampons help, as the more moisture around the area, the worse the itch is, and I think sanitary towels aggravate me. Can I ask if you have a diagnosis for your itch, and what side effects you've had with the anti-depressant?
    • Posted

Try ruling everything out. Use 100% cotton underwear dont use harsh soaps down there. Try switching different brand of pads or use cotton pads (they are sold online). When you sleep at night do you scratch? Wear socks on your hands so you won't. Because the more you scratch the more you will have the itch it's called breaking the cycle. If moisture

Sweat or discharge irritate you /make you itch try using a barrier on the vulva and see of that helps. It could be that the skin is very sensitive since you itch and scratch that any kind of moisture keeps irritating so maybe keep using tampons and pay attention to see if your symptoms change. I did not find a diagnosis for my itch,it is just that my nerves down there where out of control and they could not stop itching ,moisture irritates me as well so I try using barriers. The anti depressants help calm the nerves down and block the itching it's like a antihistamine. Also try taking antihistamines and see if those help. I still have the itch but it's much better now.

• Posted

If you're sexually active you might have a semen allergy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.