Swollen wrist

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've never had anything like this happen before, my mom keeps telling me I hit my wrist against something but I know I didn't. I was at work when this happened, all of a sudden I felt a burning pain on my right wrist, I looked down and it looked like my vein was swollen. I am not sure if I can post pictures on here or not. My entire wrist was swollen and noticed it was starting to bruise. It took about 2 hours for the swelling to go down but now my wrist is bruised. I know for a fact I didn't hit it on anything so I don't know what happened. It is still tender to the touch. anyone know what this might be?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

What do you do at work, you could have wrenched your wrist if you picked up something heavy, and or even twisted it the wrong way lifting or moving something, sounds like a nasty bruise.

Years ago now, I did a nasty injury to my wrist in the office, picking up an achive box of documents, and being in an awkward position I should have known better, managed to give my left hand a really serious wrench, when I got to the hospital they thought I had broken it, so swollen, no just a really nasty tissue and muscle damage issue, they put me in a plastic frame to stop me using it for a couple of weeks.

• Posted

I work at Domino's pizza and went to clock myself back in after a delivery and felt a burning pain on my wrist I look down and it was like my vein was swollen. It had a burning feeling, it itched and it started aching and hurt every time I turned my steering wheel. It's not swollen anymore it was bruised really bad last night but it's starting to go away. I just have never had this happen before.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.