Symbicort v Fobumix inhalers

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello Asking on behalf of my 72 year old husband with asthma/fixed airway obstruction.  He has recently been changed from /symbicort to Fobumix and feels that it  might not be working as well as he is having to use his blue reliever inhaler more.  Anyone ahve experience of this.  I have posted on COPD forum as well.  He cannot see gp until Tuesday.  

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I have recently experienced a similar problem, in that my lungs didn't respond in the same way to the Fobumix - I noticed the difference as soon as I inhaled it and had to dig out a spare symbicort to settle my lungs down again. I spoke to the pharmacist and they immediately replaced the fobumix and put me back on symbicort

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.