symfony lens in 1 eye and monofocal in 2nd eye

Posted , 9 users are following.

****Looking for anyone who has 1 symfony lens and 1 monofocal lens-please let me know your experience. I have 1 symfony lens, but am afraid to put the 2nd one in due to high level of starbursts and halos at night.

thanks

0 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I am .75 astigmatism in my Symfony RE. .25 in my left eye untreated eye.

All street lamps, car headlights, and red/yellow/green stop lights have some sort of starburst, spderweb, or aura (halo) at night. I also see spiderwebs from break-lights, and overhead red traffic lights. Interesting that it happens most often with red, less often with yellow.

The new high reflective yield and stops signs have a major halo when viewed with bright headlights, and are very distracting. I have learned to dim my bright lights around them for safer driving. The auto-headlights in newer cars are a problem since they don't turn off until they actually reflect of an oncoming car.And this is 3 months after surgery, so was a lot worse earlier. I think I can deal with the night issues, I don't drive a lot at night alone, and my husband prefers to drive when we are together. The inside lights have a tail if I look upwards-meaning my head is straight while my eyes are upward. If I look straight at the light, there is no tail, only a soft glow. Words on the TV glow, NetFlix for example, has a red hazy glow all around the letters. So no digital image is clear unless it has a white background and black letters-for example a computer screen.As much as I love my range of vision, the trade off, particularly inside lights, is more than I anticipated.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.