Symfony Night - Halos / Starburst / Circles: Have you tried night driving glasses?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Those with Symfony experiencing night - halos / starburst / circles:  Have you tried night driving glasses?

Did they help?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, yes I did. All the colours. Did not help at all. Thought it would because I actually used to wear them about 20 years ago and it helped.

But each person is different so hopefully it may work for you?

• Posted

Hello again Soks,

My doctor said symfony iol is not good for psc cataract . He recommends monovision (one eye installed with distance monofocal and one eye installed with near focal monofocal ) .

Symfony iol uses the outer rings on the lens to create an elongated focal length. When you have psc cataract, the cells in the ps capsule will grow and your iol will become blurry again. Yag laser only open a small hole at the center. The outer rings of the symfony iol wont be able to produce the elongated focal because of the blockage of light by the bag after the regrowth

Check if your doctor say the same thing

I want to know if my doctor is right

• Posted

Thanks for the response.  I have an appointment today so I will check.  But if only the outer rings are used for near does this mean that there will be eye position where you will not see near clearly?
    • Posted

The surgeon said to use symfony. PSC should not change the use. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.