Symfony Type and Number & Pre-cataract Prescription

Posted , 6 users are following.

Can you share your pre-cataract correction prescription and the Symfony lens type that was implanted?

Thanks,

Aniket

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hello,

I am sorry, I do not have that specific informationsad  To my recollection one eye was -5.75, and the other was -6.0. I do not know what my numbers were for my close vision when I had corrective lenses, however, with my glasses off I was still able to read most all things if I brought them close enough. I also did not know that there are different symfony lenses. I do not think that I had any special type, such as correction for astigmatism... at least not to my knowledge. I guess I should find them and put them in a safe place, but I do not know where I put the little cards that they give you with the information on them.

I am sorry that I am not able to be more helpsad

• Posted

Hi Soks

I wasn’t given Jan 2017 prescription as that was when I was diagnosed with cataracts and optometrist could not correct any better with glasses but I do have one prior to that given to me summer 2015 by same optometrist:

RE

Sphere -2.50

CYL -.250

AXIS 125

LE

Sphere -1.75

CYL -.500

AXIS 55

After cataract prescription: 

RE

Sphere  plano

CYL -.250

AXIS 105

LE

Sphere plano

CYL -.500

AXIS 65

I have Symfony lenses (regular not toric)

• Posted

Thanks Sue.An.  What was the Symfony lens implanted ZXR##?

• Posted

Wish I had that info.  After my surgeries I asked about the wallet card but my surgeon doesn’t provide those.  Said he provides only in case where one eye was being done.

If I had to guess ZXR00 - but not sure if model numbers change between Canada and USA.  I do know it wasn’t a toric model.

• Posted

I was not given that information either.  All I know is:

Before surgery:  20/60 left eye, 20/50 right eye (each)

On 5-18-18:       20/30 left eye, 20/25 right eye (each). 

Together are 20/20.

• Posted

hi Maria,

What was your prescription before you developed cataracts?  And what is the Symfony lens implanted ZXR##??

• Posted

Unsure of the prescription before cataracts.  Also, I only wore cheaters.  Since my implants I no longer need cheaters.  I have Model ZXT.  I have read the following.  Hope this helps:

INDICATIONS FOR USE: The TECNIS Symfony IOL, Model ZXR00, is indicated for primary implantation for the visual correction of aphakia in adult patients with less than 1 diopter of pre-existing corneal astigmatism in whom a cataractous lens has been removed. The lens mitigates the effects of presbyopia by providing an extended depth of focus. Compared to an aspheric monofocal IOL, the lens provides improved intermediate and near visual acuity while maintaining comparable distance visual acuity. The Model ZXR00 IOL is intended for capsular bag placement only.

The TECNIS Symfony Toric IOLs, Models ZXT150, ZXT225, ZXT300 and ZXT375, are indicated for primary implantation for the visual correction of aphakia and for reduction of residual refractive astigmatism in adult patients with greater than or equal to 1 diopter of preoperative corneal astigmatism in whom a cataractous lens has been removed. The lens mitigates the effects of presbyopia by providing an extended depth of focus. Compared to an aspheric monofocal IOL, the lens provides improved intermediate and near visual acuity while maintaining comparable distance visual acuity. The Model Series ZXT IOLs are intended for capsular bag placement only.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.