symptom

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi guys. Does anyone get this weird sensation.. when relaxing well trying my body like.. kinda like a shiver or when you nearly fall asleep but jump it's abit like that but I don't jump just like my nerves are really heightened. .its scaring me.. xx

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Is started having something similar recently. Just as I'm on the verge of sleep I get a sudden sense as though I I'm falling. It almost feels like the beginning stage of a panic attack but is gone instantly and doesn't cause me to jump and and generally fall asleep shortly after. Does this sound similar to what you are feeling ? 
  • Posted

Definitely Emma if I nod off during the day it happens, and if I'm half asleep or half awake in morning, it's like a low voltage electric shock flowing through my body and then my body shakes for about 10 seconds.

It's not like the "tripping up, falling over" thing that makes you jump just as you fall asleep and almost like you've been startled. 

It's very uncomfortable I know but is harmless. N

• Posted

Yeah its like I've been startled!! I've just tried doing meditation and it happened then so now gone into full panick mode and don't wanna take a valium cos I want a drink tonight sad glad I'm not the only one feeling it.. its horrible my hairs on my arms also are stuck up like I'm cold or scared.. its weird xxx
  • Posted

My daughter had exactly the same thing. Its a burst of adrenalin that is going through your body. Are you anxious about anything and have you paid a visit to your doctor to discuss this. She is now on medication and this symptom has eased.
  • Posted

Yeah rally bad with anxiety at the moment.. had it years but never this symptom..!! sad specially when ur trying to relax sad they have give me valium but want a drink tonight so don't wanna take one sad xx
  • Posted

How much drink will you have. If you have a couple of glasses of wine and a valium it will do you no harm. It only increases the sedation effect of the diazapam. My daughter when she is really anxious often has a glass of wine with a diazapam. Please dont attempt to drive though
  • Posted

Hi Emma I get that feeling too when trying to relax and go to sleep something jolts me awake then I find it hard to go a sleep but I also get weird head rushes too which I really hate hope this helps you xx
  • Posted

Hiya Emma, ye I get that feeling quite a lot when trying to get 2 sleep or when just relaxing, its the most horrible feeling, I also get like a feling of butterflies in my tummy just after it happens, hope you feel better soon and manage 2 have a nice wee glass of wine or 2 later, take care and hope you enjoy your weekend smilexx
  • Posted

I wouldn't risk drinking and taking a valium.. It can be fatal.. Yeah I don't really get it when sleeping it's just like when am sat chilling was in the hairdressers when it first came on went to a full blown panick.. Hairdresser was like what the hell is wrong with you!! It's so scary.. I hate anxiety sad x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.