Symptom Comparison

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello,

36 year old in the US

I sought out an endocrinologist for help losing weight. Worked out, watched what I ate and nothing worked.  I went on Contrave and lost 20 lbs. Over the past year or so my periods have gotten awful. Pressure, bloating, HEAVY bleeding with clots.  

I have bloodwork every 6 mos and they all show high DHEA and Testosterone, so he said it was probably PCOS. I told him I did not want birth control so he gave me Metformin. My periods are still heavy but more bearable. 

The past 6 mos or so I have had lower left quadrant pain. It’s in my ovary and, at times, my hip and back. I’m nauseous a lot, bloated a lot and annoyed. 

I went to a gyno, had an ultrasound and was thinking I’d get to have huge cysts removed only to find both ovaries have small cysts and to try birth control to get rid of them. I was told to come back. 

I feel like EVERYONE here is told to watch and wait. I have regular periods, I am not overweight. I don’t want kids. I want to feel normal. I want them to go in with a scope and find an answer. 

Why must we all go through this? We are told to suck it up, that it’s just PCOS. But they are not going through it. 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I'm sorry you are experiencing what we all been going through for years now I got diagnosed in 2013 I have gained weight in my breast butt n thighs n stomach I also found out I have endometriosis which the doctor say is making me have cysts I have crampy feelings all the time rather I'm on my period or not my back always hurt my side n my legs which I was told it's because of my condition I'm in a study now for women with endometriosis to see can the drug they want me to try will ease the pain.

• Posted

So did you have a TV scan?

And it found nothing but the polycystic ovaries?

Is the LIF pain present all the time or is it intermittant? How severe is it?  What does it feel like? Do you ever get shooting Pains?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.