Symptom Improvement

Posted , 5 users are following.

Does anyone know how long it takes to get the full benefit of the Rezum procedure?  It's been three months and I'm still urinating a lot.  Stream stronger.

Thanks

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

The Rezum web site says:

Rezūm provides the following benefits:

Potential alternative to BPH medications

Relieves symptoms safely and effectively1

Provides noticeable symptom improvement within two weeks

Simple in-office/out-patient therapy

Does not require general anesthesia

Preserves sexual and urinary functions1

Allows patients to return to regular activities within a few days1

• Posted

Sounds like it already worked.  that the idea of it. to get a strong stream. maybe have dr check your bladder for spasms.  thats what i had and myrbetriq helped  mike
  • Posted

Do the symptoms of bladder spasms include frequent urination and sudden need to urinate?

Thanks

• Posted

You would know if it's a spasm, it's quite intense. To me it sounds like you might have a UTI - Urinary Tract Infection. Very common after surgery and you have a catheter in for a couple of weeks.

• Posted

I was on an antibiotic following the removal of the catheter several months ago.
  • Posted

Would like to know also.Have been reading up on prostate problems for myself. I;m 75, enlarged prostate, slowish stream but no real problem if I limit number of liquids I take. Doctors seem to only want to do procedurs if medicare will pay and not whats best for me. Prescribed meds have taken my libido with no real results. Just read about Rezum and thought it may be for me.
  • Posted

So what causes frequent urination after the Rezum procedure has been done?  It's not bladder spasms I'm sure

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.