Symptoms

Posted , 5 users are following.

The more I've read on here, the more I realise that not all the same symptoms of acid reflux are common to everyone. Apart from a couple of instances of pain between the shoulders I basically never had any, certainly nothing chronic. Neither did I ever have a lump of any sort. Just chewed the cud and got acid (which the inhibitors did minimise). I wonder whether lumps and bad pain are peoples gullets reacting in different ways.

One thing I would point out is that I think I left surgery too long and have developed a chronic cough of sorts (don't know whether it will improve over time). I think the lining of the gullet was damaged by the acid over a long period of time.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I am quite a recent sufferer 6months I have a duodenal ulcer and a hiatus hernia that need sorted !

taking tablets for 4 weeks 20mg for reflux to hopefully heal ulcer .

hate these bloat me up and give pain wind wise !

I have decided to finish course to cure ulcer ( hopefully they work ) then stop  it is not good to take these for long periods of time they suppress too much acid that you need to brake down food  which means food lies in your gut rotting causing harmfull bacteria and more serious conditions to your body  in the bowl

• Posted

I am in the same boat David. Stopped the PPI after 8 weeks (horrid diahrea of the exposive kind!). Now taking zinc carnosine. None of the ulcer symptons have come back. Not a lot on the net about this but it has been used in Japan as the go too treatment and there have  been several trials. No side effects on me. Still taking DGL with the zinc. Rather oddly I do a burp about 5 minutes after taking DGL (2 years)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.