symptoms

Posted , 6 users are following.

what symptoms does everyone have and how diagnosed - thank you

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi if you mean as regards to acute pancreatic as I personally didn't get any warning really, I had the gallstone pain for quite a while that used to come and go but the sap just hit me all of a sudden on Christmas eve when I got in from work and I was violently sick and collapsed on the bathroom floor and that was the moment my life changed forever.hope your ok and you or anybody else suffers what me and my family have gone through the last 2 plus years. I have actually just returned to work as a hgv driver which itself was a challenge as the dvla revoked my license as soon as they found out I was type 1 diabetic but eventually after 4 medicals I got it back and have been back at work since the 1st of Feb and this is something I couldn't see happening again 18 month ago. Good luck.x
    • Posted

Hi, thanks for your reply. I have had intermittent sort of throbs in upper right for approx 3 years and upper bloating for 5 plus on and off. Lots of gurgling/glugging. Two/three throbs and then it disappears maybe be days maybe for hours, no pattern. Feel in more day after alcohol, even maybe after only two half lagers, not big binges. Ultrasound showed fatty liver, but liver person said wouldn't cause this sort of issue. Pancreas showed no probs on u/s. Had endoscopy gastritis mild . Had acid tabs and gaviscon no change. Asked dr if could be pancrease he said no and no other scans left to do. Just makes me wonder is he right? Gallbladder was also ok on u/s. Also had MRI on liver twice, dr said this would also pick up if gallbladder issue as would be scanned at same time. So many people seem to be seeking diagnosis without sucess
  • Posted

Mine was accompanied with liver disease all at once. Nausea, vomiting and eventually, hepatic encelopathy. (Mental confusion due to liver enzymes being so high that it effects brain function) quite scary. I didn't eat for two straight weeks because I couldn't hold anything down. Thank goodness I went to the ER when I did. They did multiple blood tests and MRIs to determine things  and to diagnose. It was the most miserable few months of my life. Good luck. Listen to your body, I wish I had.
    • Posted

I did listen to my body unfortunately the people that matter and make decisions didn't
  • Posted

Yours dosent sound like pancreas issues at all, trust me if you would ever get a pancreatitis atack you would know.

you might have ibs or some other digestive issue.

get on probiotics, that might help.

until then keep checking and good luck.

godbless

• Posted

Thank you for your comments, feel more reassured. I take it the an intermittent throb of three years middle and right upper is not typical of cp, thanks
  • Posted

My symptoms were: discomfort after eating upper abdomen, stools yellow with oil, weight loss. My GI kept insisting IBS but I knew from my stools I was not absorbing and digesting food properly.  CPdiagnosed first with CT scan that showed abnormal shape of pancreas, then EUS which ruled out other diseases (celiac) and confirmed CP. Pain stopped after starting Creon.
  • Posted

Out of the blue, one evening had acute upper abdominal pain radiating to the back.  Went to the ER and blood test showed amalyse and lipase elevated and was admitted.  On 24 hours bowel rest, no food/water and pain meds.  Have been handling it so far with Creon and a low fat diet.  Have had ultrasound, which shows a couple of calcifications, CT, MRI and EGD, all relatively normal. 
  • Posted

Thank you all, I have definately not had a acute attack, is this normally how cp starts? My pain sounds minimal compared to all yours. I am just at a loss to understand what is wrong with me. Does anyone else suffer with on and off upper bloating - can have couple of days and then go 4 weeks issue and not have the bloat. food does not trigger pain or bloat. I have tried everything i can think of peppermint/probiotics etc etc. Day after a couple of beers occasional throb/feeling tender sort of feeling but not tender to touch if that makes sense! Does anyone else have this reaction with alcohol?  I have been told had all tests they can give me, u/s, 2 mri of liver with contract, which they say would see gall bladder as well. Had endoscopy as well which showed gastritis usual acid tablets given,which dont seem to do anything, which makes me believe thats not the problem. It is amazing how many people seek and seek diagnosis and have such a fight on their hands.Anyones response most welcome!thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.