Symptoms

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have gallstones, diverticulitis and IBS and get confused

with what's causing what!

Could you please tell me what your symptoms are of gallstones?

I have low down pain right across and can't work out what's causing it.

I have pain all down my right side too which goes into my back and into

my shoulder. Does eating cause you symptoms ?

Thanks.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

My first symptoms were IBS but I had dull ache in right hand side rib area. Ultrasound showed gallstones. Unsure if rib ache was flank muscle pain or fatty liver but couldn't be certain they said until GB was removed. Had GB removed two weeks ago still have right side pain through to back area so will now see if flank muscle or liver

• Posted

Hi had my gallbladder out 2 months ago and I still have the same symptoms bloating wind aching backpain the only thing now I get is left side stitch after even a slice of toast I can't eat a big meal just small snacks it's the bloating as well doing my head in

• Posted

Yes I bloated still ... My eating etc seems fine .. As I sitting here now I can feel my back still hurts but mainly is right rib area. I have to accept I guess things won't settle straight away.

• Posted

I first got symptoms of IBS, then diagnosed with IBS and controlled it with food, 2 mths later chronic reflux ( never had indigestion before unless pregnant) awful throat burning day and night for weeks, diagnosed with GERD but kept going back and finally ultrasound discovered multiple mobile large gallstones. I have tried for several months too help, 2 naturopaths and lots of herbs and nothing has worked, scans show no difference several months apart. I dont have typical gallstone awful pain, but instead chronic nausea, relfux, intermittent IBS, Bloating, gas pains, under right rib bruised ache and odd pains. I have had these chronic issues onging since July last year and only had one really painful attack. I am now having surgery in 3 weeks. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.