Symptoms

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hì 

Could you tell me what symptoms  you have  with  your  gallstones 

or what  symptoms  you  had  before  removal  ?

Thanks 

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Linda ,

I had sever pain in the centre of my abdomen and to the right side also. Mine wasn't really triggered by anything at the end up, it was just there all the time . 

Michelle 

• Posted

Hello. I had really bad burning indigestion for a day and a half. Liver readings were high. They said there was a blockage in the duct leading to the bowel. It cleared by itself but they took out the gallbladder as it would probably have happened again. Best wishes. 
  • Posted

Hi Linda

My pain would always start between the right shoulder blades, it would feel  like I'm being stabbed constantly. if the attack was really sever then I would feel it also under my right ribs. 

• Posted

I didn't have gallstones but I had a polyp which can cause pain just like gallstones but it's supposed to rare for polyps to cause any pain but mine sure did.

My pain came out of no where one day after eating lunch one day. I had this pain for 7 days straight it also was in my back pretty bad.

I went to the hospital because the pain was to much and I need pain medicine they did a ultrasound and seen the polyp and said it was causing biliary colick pain just like gallstones do. 

Went to the hospital one more time due to pain and didn't go back because they didn't really do anything for me, they gave me a number to a general surgeon.Well my pain went away for about 4 days and it that time I called the surgeon and scheduled for my gallbladder to be taken out, which I just had done this after noon.

• Posted

Hi Lisa

I hope you are feeling  okay now that you have had your operation 

to remove your gallbladder.    

Let me know how you get on.   

Linda.

• Posted

I had a number of GB attacks before getting brave enough to talk to the doctor.

The early attacks ( presumably a stone moving through the duct) were agonising pain under the bottom edge of the RH ribcage. This would last for upto an hour then suddenly just go (presumably as the stone cleared).

I finally spoke to someone after the 1st bad attack when I vomited every 20 mins for 3 days.

After that they were all the same - lots of vomit and pain.

It did start to take over my life. I was scared to eat anything (had an attack in a restaurant when out with hubby!!). Work became difficult - I travel a lot and was terrified it would kick off when I was in India or China.

Spent 1 night in A&E on a trolly with a bucket!

NHS were reluctant to operate as my BMI was too high. Eventually was luck enough to join a new company with a private health plan that covered existing conditions - 6 months later the GB was gone.

Now, 7 or 8 years later I have never looked back.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.