Symptoms

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi there. Could anyone tell me how is the early symptoms if youre going to have a glaucoma? Cause ive went to 3 doctors. And all of them saying that im suspect of glaucoma. Thanks

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

That is the problem:. there might not be any symptoms that you yourself can detect. Heart disease is called he silent killer because in the same way you might not feel anything until bang. Follow your doctors' advice!

• Posted

If none of them offered you eye drops or other treatment then have it rechecked periodically.
    • Posted

Hello lester. One of the doctors who i trust the most gave me a latanoprost eye drops. But my the ressure was only 17 for both eyes..
  • Posted

Typically you will not notice symptoms. I would find out if you are a Glaucoma suspect because of your IOP ( intraocular pressure) or because of the appearance of your optic nerves. Typical IOP should be between 10-22. Some people have larger than normal optic nerves, and are usually classified glaucoma suspect. However if your nerves have always been that size then it is normal. Hope this helps. I would continue to have eye check ups every 6 months to 1 yr.
  • Posted

I saw rainbow halos  around lights...and foggy vision..both indications if high pressure which can lead to glaucoma 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.