Symptoms

Posted , 11 users are following.

Can anyone relate to a sort of shortness of breath feeling or maybe a feeling of not getting enough air all of the sudden. It almost comes out of nowhere. Is this peri related. Wow what a scary feeling! I do notice as I get closer to my period it tends to get worse

3 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Kelly

I can relate to that, and it's weird because I'm obviously breathing in and out but I'm concious of it. I have low iron which sometimes causes it, or it can be the anxiety with me because it's scary and it's hard to stop thinking about it. I don't think it's the peri as such but maybe made worse by anxiety for me. Good luck xx

• Posted

Thanks Sassy...yea for me the anxiety was always there. This whole Peri has put the anxiety at a new level and one I haven't quite mastered yet. Nice to know I'm not alone in this one

• Posted

This was one of my first symptoms four years ago but it’s gone now  thank goodness, I’m noticing a few of my symptoms are getting better, I don’t know if it’s because I’m not scared of them anymore or if my hormones are balancing out x
    • Posted

Thanks Caroline at least I know there's a light at the end of the tunnel . It may be a long tunnel but at least I know it's all part of the same thing

• Posted

Good news, Caroline....I am sure that this peri hell make us stronger and courageouswink

I hope that one day this hormonal torture will end!

• Posted

Yes Kelly, shortness of breath is yet another symptom of menopause.  Off putting to say the least.  
    • Posted

I agree Gail! Out of nowhere! I just keep reminding myself Deep Breaths!
  • Posted

In an anxiety perspective, yes. Totally. Take note of what os going on when it happens. Also where you are in your cycle. Mine happened with ovulation and menstruation. If nothing seems to make sense, ask your doctor smile

• Posted

Thanks for the response Jen...it's crazy because everything would kinda start happening 14 days before my period now I'm finding out that symptoms start about 20 days out or even sooner now. Anxiety can be so hard to figure out at times. Once you think you have it figured it, it shows it's head when you least expect it😶

• Posted

Yes,can relate with all the other ladies. I don't know about hormones,but it's anxiety and being tense for me. Stress can do a number on your body!

• Posted

Yes!! I get this and it's flippin frightening.

Apparently, perimenopause does cause shortness of breath and breathlessnes and all sorts of other weird symptoms connected to chest area.

I now have an inhaler which I use as and when needed.

• Posted

Also, I've noticed mine is worse in hot and humid weather x

• Posted

Yes! Not often but definitely happens. A couple of times when I doze off, so I thought it was sleep apnea. But nope, thank the Lord. and no heart issues.

Meno goofiness.

• Posted

I have noticed in hot humid environments such as my bathroom when I am having a hot shower,  in subway and busses full of people. It is very frightening....like lack of oxygen

I think that I have noticed before my period and during my menstruation

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.