Symptoms

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi all I'm wondering what symptoms you have ?

I've had a numb strange feeling in my left lip for 7years now like a tingly feeling left side of my head that feels sore when I rub it but nice I had a abscess before all this they left my tooth in for a year as I was pregnant and got the 1st appointment after having baby to take the tooth out I've had no diagnosis over these symptoms and it causes me so much anxiety

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

l went for 14 months of left sided facial pain,seen ent and had mri done and numerous tests to no avail.Dr thought l had trimengal.Went to chiro practor and massage therapy .Finally on 7th visit to dentist they really looked at me and diagnosed tmj...l also got tingling in lip with other symptoms..my advice talk to your dentist about this

• Posted

when you say pain what pain do you mean because all I keep reading is shooting electric shock like pain I don't get that just numb feeling but lip isn't numb lighter touch when I touch it and I do get the strange feeling on left side of my head and massaging it feels nice

• Posted

when mine started l was treated 3 times for sinus infections,affected face and eye than travelled to ear sent to ent and sinus was clear.than toothaches started,tooth pulled and than root canal.Than pain in neck..l never had the shooting pains like they say you do with trimengal l wasn't convinced and kept searching for answer.l was losing weight and feeling horrible.My left side of face hurt badly..Than new dentist said tmj,read up on it and yes had same symptoms.Stay calm and do lots of research..l really hope you find answer.l now do mouthguard and massage and pray this will solve problem.With you having abcess and tooth pulled it has flared something up..l wish you the best with getting a answer

• Posted

mine first started with a stabbing pain in my left ear about 4 years ago- this would come & go then disappeared mostly with

the odd attack. Earlier this year it came back- this time it would start with a dull ache in my chin/jaw then a sharp pain in my mouth- i would describe it like

the injection you get at the dentist - this lasts several minutes then it gradually goes away- this can happen many times a day- the periods of it disapearing are not so long now - few days

• Posted

do any of your worry or wonder if its ms?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.