Symptoms after surgery - oophorectomy/cystectomy. Really uncomfortable.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Does anyone know why there's vaginal bleeding after a laparoscopic surgery ? I know they position you in stirrups but do they do anything down there?

I'm really sore as expected but my primary symptom right now is phlegm/cough and very foul smelling diarrhea.

Anyone has any advice/similar experiences, please help me out. My surgeons office isn't open until Mon.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I also have intermittent leg and neck discomfort and sometimes my chest feels like it's beating hard. Really worried. Should I go to the ER ?

• Posted

Did they put you in stirrups? Interesting. I had no idea they did that. I thought they went in only through the three incisions in the stomach. 

Anyway, yes, I had a bit of bleeding in the first few days of my laparoscopy. It stopped after the 3rd or 4th day. The reason why your movements are not pleasant is because your body is getting rid of a lot of toxins. 

It's if you start getting unusually foul vaginal discharge that you should be worried. 

• Posted

Did they put you in stirrups? Interesting. I had no idea they did that. I thought they went in only through the three incisions in the stomach. 

Anyway, yes, I had a bit of bleeding in the first few days of my laparoscopy. It stopped after the 3rd or 4th day. The reason why your movements are not pleasant is because your body is getting rid of a lot of toxins. 

It's if you start getting unusually foul vaginal discharge that you should be worried. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.