Symptoms before bleed on HRT

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi ladies

Does anyone still get bad symptoms a few days before their bleed on HRT patches and progesterone tablets?

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Im on prostegen tablets, but never reallynoticed any bad symptons when i have the weeks break, maybe a bit of a headache.

When i went to see consultant the other wek though, he said i dont ahve to have a break anymore i can just carry on taking them

• Posted

I feel terrible at certain times in the month

on HRT patches  

I have started to keep a diary of these symptoms wink

• Posted

Hi Michelle. As a recently new member to the perimeno & hrt club i have been monitioring my progress/symptoms since 1/4/16. I have only done 2mths so far on the hrt estrogen gel & progesterone tablets. i do notice roughly around days 10-16 of my 28 day cycles, my peri symptoms increase, but nowhere near as bad as before the hrt when they would be all over the place at random times of the month - lucky if i got a 5 days out of a month where i felt normal. so the hrt has definately "softened" the symptoms in general, but i still notice an increase as i mentioned. xx
    • Posted

Thanks. I get nausea,severe headaches and anxious feelings 2 days before bleed and up to 2 days after starting bleeding.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.