Symptoms cannot find diagnosis or test - What is missing???

Posted , 6 users are following.

HISTORY:

In the mid Feb my wife slipped on stairs at home and landed on her bum. The neck stretched and went backward/forward. She has migraine issue since childhood. She is around 39 years old.

For two months she didn't had any symptoms and she continue doing her exercises on a daily basis with 5ib and 10ib weight in hands or legs. All of sudden in mid-April she had nerves stretched in her left foot painfully to all the way to the tail bone. Tingling pain in her arms fingers numbness, stiffness, heavy head stretched head, back pain  etc..all started.

We rush to emergency. All checks were done all clear except L4 and L5 mild degeneration. Neurologist and CT scan MRI - all reports are clear and okay.

Dr says nerve pinched wait for time may get better...nerve compressed at tail bone and neck and  left shoulder Dr suggested physio

Eye sight 20/20 checked - ok

Some says concussion or whiplash

Went to hospital 4-5 times, blood test done but no further diagnosis for Physical symptoms.

Treatments taken

Physio , chiropractor, acupuncture 3 times, massage.  No improvement.

Current physical symptoms SINCE APRIL 2017:

- Burning sensation pain on all over the body especially on joints.

-        No internal feelings and sensation in the body, no energy to stand on knee

-        Joints muscles popping clicking sounds in all body joints

-        Half head is heavy tingling and pins like pain sensation and numbness. No energy in muscles. Weakness, Body all of sudden gets cold

-        Muscles or nerves are twitching/vibrating all over the place especially on the left side

-        Early morning stiffness, pain, tight muscles, left shoulder too painful, back tail bone area painful, legs and arms.

-        Brain has pressure tightness, streched

She cannot sleep properly. Symptoms are not going away since APRIL 2017

The following test are next week on Tuesday 14th NOV 2017

-        Nerve conduction test

-        Electromyography test

BRAIN EEG is schedule for next month DEC 2017

Medication ONLY started in OCT 2017

Citalotram 10mg started 16th Oct 2017 daily one Tab

Pregabalin 75mg one in the morning and two at bed time started on 24th Oct 2017

If uncomfortable to sleep giving Lorazepam 0.5mg at bed time

TEST DONE:

Lyme decease blood work OKay

all blood work done including vitamin deficiency, arthritis - OKAY

MRI back spine to tail bone - OKAY

BRAIN CT and MRI okay

QUESTIONS:

Are we missing other tests?

Will it take time to heal as medication only started in OCT 2017?

Health has not improved since APR 2017 and she didn't sleep well till OCT 2017. Now she is sleeping okay with Pregabalin and other medication...

Please help. Thanks AJ

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Is she double jointed?

Has she been tested for Hypothyroidism?

Has she had a blood test called an ANA?

I think she's probably got fibromyalgia / idiopathic musculoskeletal pain.

• Posted

You are are a husband to be admired! And I do! The nerve conduction test should be a big reveal as it will show what nerves are involved. I have nerve damage and the symptoms you talk about are so very much like mine. Only other suggestion is to seek pain management Drs. They will have special knowledge and experience to help you cope with your  situation. Another suggestion is to do no more excerices, therapy until you know for certain what your are dealing with. It’s most important not to do more damage so caution is a good way to think. You may be facing a chronic situation and it will take all of the courage and determination you have. If it is chronic think of yourself as a WARRIOR who fights for their health everyday. Also, if your situation continues you will mourn the loss of your former self, youhave a right to be sad etc. I am sending you my best wishes and a big hug for you both. 🕊🌷🌹🌺💐🌸🌼🌻🌈🎄🍀??

• Posted

Thanks for you feedback.

My wife is currently taking two tablet of Pregabalin 75mg (one in the morning and one at night). Also taking Citalopram 10mg in the morning.

EEG brain activity test done - OK

Nerve conduction test done - OK

Electromyography test - OK

As I mentioned she has nerve stretched from feet to tail bone and all over the body when doing exercise home.

Current symptoms:

- Especially ankle has very frequent popping clicking sound and in all other joints also and pain

- Burning pain in ankle and other joints

- stiffness in back

- left shoulder blade pain

- no sense of feeling in lower body parts like walking but does not feel legs are with her.

- No interest and energy in the body

Last week took the acupuncture treatment only one.

Her injury is almost was on the left side.

Any one knows what to do now.

I was reading about pregablin and it may have popping clicking sounds coming as a side effect.

Should we stop pregablin slowly...???? Please help

Thanks a lot

• Posted

I'm really sorry you are both dealing with this. Its very scary, I know. I've had severe burning in my feet and on the left side of my face that came on suddenly. I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but most of all possible causes of neuropathy is chronic. Pregablin (Lyrica) can have some odd side effects, but can be very helpful with nerve pain. Exercise can irritate nerve pain. But, the good news is, the same signals that are conducted in the brain that makes you feel pain are also in the same area that psycological feelings are felt, so eliminating stress can give ALOT of relief. Trying to stop acknowledging that areas are painful can completely stop the feeling of most neurological problems. Sleep is the #1 healer of the body. Exercise at this point should be avoided since a proper diagnosis hasn't been given to your wife. My husband also feels helpless, but I wish he didn't worry so much. Just giving a shoulder to cry on or listening without opinions helps me more than he can imagine. I now take 600mg of lyrica (pregablin) a day and percocets on occasions to go shopping. I think that the mental fog that comes with medication helps to distract the pain and that is what she should try to do. Good luck on your new journey, be patient and do a lot of distracting activities, like shopping (lol) and hobbies and vacations. Avoid; stress, hot baths, fluctuating temperatures, and sleepless nights. I do wish you guys the best of luck.

• Posted

Hi!

I have a problem with my leg, back in October 2011 suddenly I can not bend my left leg and the opposite my left leg can not be straightened out after I sit down. It takes some minutes for my leg to bent after stand and straightened out after sit. If forced, it feels like my bones are going to break and the pain is overwhelming.

After 4 years it turn out that I have sciatic nerve pain by doing MRI on my spine (L5-S1 lateral recess stenosis). I have it for more than 7 years but I think it's heal now. How I get heal is by doing Mindfulness Meditation class — Happiness mind; that do help a lot, I feel my body more lighter. I can do my activities like normally and no more back/leg pain.

Btw, I also once slipped in the bathroom and I think that's what triggered it. The whole story can be read on my writing at Medium.

Hope it help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.