Symptoms come and go

Posted , 7 users are following.

I had what seemed a flare-up after an airplane trip recently. After a few days, all my symptoms were gone. I have had no symptoms at all for 9 days now. Is it common to have no symptoms from time to time, rather than consistently? Does that seem that I am mildl?I am thankful for it no matter what! I appreciate any feedback...

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I am really only looking for any feedback on whether symptoms can get much better for a long period and then come back. Is this common? Thanks so much.
  • Posted

I know that I have good weeks, day`s etc, But if I get cocky and over do things........... Bang!!!! it reminds me that it is still there...

• Posted

Tom, thank you. I have been very active helping my elderly parents. I know what you mean, but it is strange (and great) that I have been symptom-free for a while now even being active. Thanks again for replying and I wish you well.
    • Posted

Hi I have mild copd and do get days where I can virtually forget I have it.   For me a lot depends on the weather or how much work I have done.  x
  • Posted

Symptoms worsen with poor air quality which is what you experienced with cabin air on the airplane.  Last time I was on a plane I could hardly breathe at all.

A friend of mine without a lung condition always gets a bad throat, cough and cold every time she flies.  Its an enclosed public space with shared air which is not the best quality air to breathe, on top of that if someone boards the place with a cold its going to be shared with everyone in the cabin area.

The only time I would be aware of having no symptoms, is ideal temperature, good air quality, and not overexerting.  But probably someone with very mild COPD may not notice symptoms unless they try to run, walk up hill, its very cold or too hot, pollen count is high, air pollution is bad, or its very windy, or damp, heavy rain etc.  My symptoms worsen with all those things although I can't run at all any more but can manage hills with pauses.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.