Symptoms come and go

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I’m new to here, and just been diagnosed 

My question is that my symptoms come and go 1 good week and then a few days of being exhausted , every limb and joint hurts, bowel movement is off and on muscle cramps etc etc 

Does anyone else have symptoms that come and go, I’m confused .

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Rabc,

Hello I am now in maintenance and was so upset to realise I will always get the odd day or two when I am confused, badly fogged, aching and stomach yuk. But once recovered from the continual venesections it does become less frequent. I went six weeks feeling like I was well before I had a day of sounding like a thick imbecile and looking drunk. I thought I was getting dementia and was scared. Now I know it is a thing that like the exhaustion etc will come and go, I will cope and rest on a rough day ... and I am not scared now I know. But we won't get the other stuff if we didn't have it before diagnosis, we will be okay. Take care. Ellen.

• Posted

Thanks for the info I have been referred for venesection, it’s taken me year to get to this point. I think what the hospital is saying is they need to check my liver first , if I’m honest I’m worried and frightened about everything now and struggling mentally I think. I will get there I know but I’m definitely a bit down 
    • Posted

Rab, some hospitals check the liver first, others don't unless there are distinct pointers to a problem. You do not neccessarily have a liver issue .

Depression is a known part of this for many. Lets face it we can't say it spell it or say we knew about its existance until we got the thing. We are alowed, even expected to wobble.

You have honestly done the hardest part ... getting diagnosed, being believed. You need to take a breath get some antidepressants in you if you need them. Double your water intake (it seriously helps) and know People are waiting to know how you are. Good luck.

• Posted

This is standard practice were I am to check liver heart etc because blond tests cant always tell the full story and these are all painless just scans most will be done using ultra sounds so not evasive.

Not sure if ellen12819 is joking or not but to put tag on you with depression and suggest going on meds is very wrong also the double water thing she has no idea of your history so pay no attention.

You just sound stressed which can cause the symptoms you have described you need to relax.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.