Symptoms Costochondritis

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi all i just wanted to know if all of your symptoms are similar to mine as i worry too much over costo . my symptoms are

*chest pain

*palpitations

*back ache

*arms ache

*short of breath

*stomach pain

*difficulty sleeping

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Edited

I get all of those, but the palpitations are not related to the costo. Would be good to get that checked out (well...and the chest pain, if you haven't already. There are different kinds of chest pain and it is good to get the serious kind ruled out.)

• Edited

Yes, I had all those. And many of them may be anxiety-related - constantly wondering if the chest pain you are feeling is heart problems.

If you haven't already, go see an osteopath or physiotherapist. They can help reduce or eliminate the costo, and that will then eliminate all the symptoms produced by anxiety.

• Edited

And meditation helps as well. You can download guided meditation apps, some free. They are very helpful.

• Edited

In terms of relief, you can try cold packs. I've heard that some are also helped with heat or with a combination of alternating cold and heat.

Can't stress enough, though, if you have not been evaluated medically for your chest pain/palpitations/shortness of breath, that you are. You don't want to miss anything that might cause you further issues.

• Posted

hi all i did go to the hospital last week they said that my palpatations are nothing to worry about they also gave me a ECG and that was normal and also blood tests too which was also normal so im really unsure what it is but the doctors still seem to think its costo

• Edited

Well, the doctors have told you it is not heart-related, and that it is costco, so your next step is to see an osteopath or physio to correct it. They can do that! Meanwhile, take ibuprofen for the pain.

• Posted

yeah thats helped alot it had made me feel less anxious and yes i will thank you very much

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.