Symptoms fade when I catch a cold

Posted , 2 users are following.

I rarely get traditionally sick despite being in pain and feeling ill everyday but on the odd occasion I get a classic cold or virus my pain symptoms seem to get better, I really don't think it's a distraction thing as my pain symptoms are far worse than the viral type infection symptoms but I just can't figure out what the link is there.

Does a viral infection dull your nervous system, i can't work out what it is.

It's like my body stops beating itself up and focuses on the virus instead. I can deal with a cold/virus symptoms, they are like a walk in the park from what I normally go through daily. Perhaps I need to start growing some bacteria in Petri dishes and licking it daily to keep my fibro away!!!

Does anyone else get better temporarily during a Traditional illness???

Any ideas why?

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Charlotte1824 If I come down with another illness, fibro normally makes my illness alot worse, it happens each every time Im ill with something else.Thats good if it works the other way round for you and your pain symptoms get better? our bodies are a total mystery.take care gentle hug
    • Posted

That's exactly how I figure it should be but its not the first time I've noticed a little bit of rest byte from symptoms when I feel fluey, funny thing is I feel fluey most days anyway as in fatigue muscle aches, sore throat, the usual fibro stuff but it's far more intense and painful and then when I get sick with a cold etc which is rare it eased for a day or 2 then worse again when virus starts to go.

can't figure out why, perhaps I'm just odd!!

• Posted

Hi Charlotte I always wake up with a sore throat and feeling fluey bad head. then after a couple of hours it goes off. Im like that every morning. tinnitus is anightmare for me at the min. the joys of having fibro all these different symptoms take care gentle hugs xx ps your not odd hun our bodys are just different fibro affects all differently.
  • Posted

I get chronic Asthma, whenever I get it, it's like my Fibro isn't an issue...this has gone on for years now..it seems whenever I get crook..the Fibro-although still there..it's like it's not..if you get what I'm trying to say...a lady once said on this site it's akin to brain training..?? Be blessed Charlotte..gave a lovely day...:-) xxx
    • Posted

Thanks Christine, glad to know im not the only one! I feel horrendous today so it doesnt last long but it was a welcome relief at the time. What a sick place to be in when having a cold or virus is like heaven!!!

x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.