Symptoms For Removal

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have some pain in my ribs , back and front which is not too bad  .

I get full on small  amounts of food  and  my diet  is severely  restricted .

I can't eat meat,  milk,  eggs , salad or vegetables,  plus many  other foods.   Will gallbladder  removal  make this better  ?  I'd love to be able to eat a proper meal again! 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

If your problems are gallbladder related then there is a very good chance that removal will alleviate your symptoms. I could eat hardly anything without extreme painful bloating, and pains. I had my gallbladder removed on 14th July, and since eight weeks after surgery I can eat anything at all and have no problems! I can’t eat huge portions any more, but that’s not a bad thing!
    • Posted

It's good to hear that you can eat properly again.     I don't know

If my problems  are gallbladder related or not,  I  only know that I have stones. 

• Posted

I had multiple stones with a couple of very large ones. And they definitely caused the problems with eating, bloating, acid reflux, and pain under the ribs and back of right shoulder blade. If you have symptoms it is very for the gallbladder to be out. It doesn’t tend to get better, and can only get worse. 
  • Posted

I'd make sure your symptoms are related to the gallbladder and the stones. It is possible to have stones and not need gallbladder removal. There are many digestive disorders that share groups of the same symptoms. It would be horrible to pin your hopes on removal to find out it was something else entirely smile

• Posted

How can I find out if my symptoms are down to the gallstones? 

I'm due to have my gallbladder removed on Saturday ..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.