Symptoms getting the better of me!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello,

Seems like a nightly thing for me now... Posting my symptoms up here for reassurance. 

I mentioned before that I have kidney stones. They are still there apparently and the docs don't feel like they're causing me too much bother. I am getting twinges ALL the time just now. Have done for the last 3-4 weeks constantly. What's weird, is, I'm getting the pain on both sides! I don't have any on my right side and the doc doesn't know why I am getting pain on that side. It's my lower back. Could anxiety be flaring this up?

On top of that, I'm getting groin pain, breast pain and general back and rib pain. 

I don't know if I'm just panicking about the kidney stones and thinking about the trauma I had when rushed into hospital with them that I am getting all sorts of physical symptoms - not to mention the dry skin, finger and hand pain, hip pain and foot pain. 

Has anyone ever had these symptoms?? 

They really are getting me down. I'm only 29 years old and i'm in constant pain. :-( 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Have you gotten those checked out with a doctor?  If not, I recommend that because your mind will play tricks on you and make you overthink.  But if the doctor rules out any physical cause for that pain, then pretty sure it is anxiety.  My girlfriend has anxiety and when she gets really anxious she has pain on her leg and throws up.  I also know of someone else who throws up.
    • Posted

I've been to the doctor constantly. They never seem worried. It should reassure me. I feel like i want them to do more tests though! It's not enough for me and doesn't take the pain away unfortunatelysad

• Posted

Something that I know would really help is that instead of looking up your symptoms, start looking up how to manage your health anxiety.  There is so much information out there to better your condition.  For me, I found a book that talked about getting rid of panic attacks.  It was the most useful thing to me.  I learned so much about the anxiety I was having and it helped more than doctors ever did.  
    • Posted

Thanks Gerard!

I do need to start helping myself. I give out advice on here constantly and I should take it. Always easier said than done, eh?

Glad you've found something that helped. Going to try something like that.

• Posted

Yes please do.  I encourage you to find a book that suits your anxiety needs.  I am currently taking meds and also going to therapy, but honestly therapy is only every month and you need something to sustain your hope every single day.  It has been months since I read that book and I still use its techniques till this day.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.