Symptoms have subsided

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello everyone!

I haven't been experiencing anxiety for too long, it's been about 5 months now, but it's felt like years. During the first months, it was terrible. I honestly thought I was dying and was really concerned about my health. Mentally I was losing it, and physically I had no energy to do anything and was in constant pain. I tried prozac 10mg a day for about a month, and had to stop because of the side effects I was having (shaky hands and palpitations). Right after stopping the prozac, I was prescribed propanolol 10mg 3x a day, and it did help with the palpitations A LOT. I was on propanolol for about a week and then I decided to slowly stop taking it. I have now been without meds for almost three weeks and I don't feel like the person I was 6 months ago, but I definitely feel like I'm at 80%, which is amazing since a few months ago I was at my lowest.

I am only posting this, because there is hope for everyone! It may take a few months, it may take years, but please don't give up and never think that there is no way out. Anxiety is definitely controllable.

I have made a lot of changes in my life and my eating habits and I'm sure that this is also a big part of why I am feeling better.

I hope that everyone is well, and continues to make progress.

xoxo

Leonela

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I had a similar experience- timeline wise, symptom wise and 'recovery' wise. The propanolol was also the key in my view- slowing and stopping the palpitations. I'm at week two without them and feeling so much better than 6 months ago when this hell started.
    • Posted

Thats great to hear David, I am glad that you are feeling better. I hope that you continue to make progress!!! xoxo
  • Posted

Very good posting Leonela.  Food for sure is a BIG part of this and with a little patience and clear mind this is just on your head you can get better. ;-
    • Posted

Yes, definitely Papo. I have continued with the good eating habits, it's all for the better. Patience is also the key to everything else, so it's nice to clear my mind, as you said, and realize that all I need is to be patient. Thank you! <3>
  • Posted

What a LOVELY uplifting post. Which I am certain will help many others....it is always nice to read messages of hope and to find that someone is well again

....your post will reach out to many others I am sure......many. many thanks and wishing you an even more wonderful. And TOTALLY fantastic future......hugs...Deirdre xxx

• Posted

Hey Deirdre! Thank you so much for your wonderful reply.  

A lot of people have helped me on here, and I have read many many posts.

I just want to let everyone know that I know it may feel like it's over, but we have to fight.

Again, thank you so much and I hope that everything is well with you xoxo

• Posted

That's amazing news! I'm hoping to get there soon, throughout the day I'm Ok, it's the initial morning that does me in. I wake up in a panic and it takes a few hours to shake it off.
    • Posted

Hey Howll, I know exactly what you mean. I use to wake up with shaky hands and crazy tachycardia with heart palpitations. I know how bad it can ge and I hope that you soon are able to find a wa to calm yourself down. I know it's not as easy as it sounds, but you will get bette as long as you keep trying.

Hope you get well soon! xoxo

• Posted

I am so happy for you, i am sitting here in anxiety hell, on some meds and they are trying to push more onto me but i don't want them.

I am unable to function much at all right now including a huge struggle to leave the house every day, even to get dressed at all but i will hold on to your post with hope in my heart, thank you for sharing xx

• Posted

Hey Bella!

I'm glad you replied to my post because I too felt this way a few months ago. I was so afraid to go outside, always thinking that something was going to happen to me in the middle of traffic, or just in a store or something. I cried myself to sleep every single night thinking that I was dying. I have a two year old son, who demanded so much of me and I just could not give it to him. I had to snap myself out of it, because even though I felt terrible, I was letting anxiety take over my life.

I still have days when I wake up afraid, and I have moments when I feel myself going back to a few months ago, but I immediately distract myself and do something to keep my mind off of it.

This forum has definitely helped me a lot, and has let me see different views and differet situations and also very similar ones.

If you're on medication and you don't feel comfortable taking it, don't take it. Ask or something different, but also remember that all of these meds take time, months. There is hope and you will be better before you know it.

I don't know if you believe in God, if you do, speak to him..

You will get better.

Sending hugs and prayers your way  xoxo

• Posted

Thank you so much, i am struggling very badly with everything and especially the going out, i am at breaking point but trying so hard to recover, it's great to hear a positive story because it helps me to believe that recovery is actually possible, right now it is so hard to feel as if things will improve.

I don't mind the meds i am on too much but i really don't want more and they are being very pushy about it, i just wish they would back off about that.

I do pray every day for the strength to carry on fighting this, i so hope i can get my life back xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.