symptoms.... im worried.....

Posted , 1 user is following.

i began having extream heartburn in december last year, it made mefeel sick, gag and swallow, i could not go a day with out taking many antasids to calm it. drinking wine made it 10 times worse. the heart burn stopped 2 months ago, but now i have a strong intermittent pain in my upper adominal left side area. it is worse if i am hungry or immediately after i have eaten. at night when i am resting it kind of throbs in the area above my belly button but to the left a bit. tonight i was in some considerable pain with it and after feeling the area have found a small lump, like a cist but inside my belly. it is really painful to touch or put any pressure on it. i did think i had an ulcer, but i am too afraid to go to the doctors. i also have 2 ,moles that have changed and become ichy and scab over, this started to happen last year but i went to the doctor about that and she said not to worry about them, it was just my skin changing with age. i am 37. now i have a permanant pain in my left side, like a stitch but at times it is sharp and sudden. also my poo has changed colour to a really dark, tarry greeny/black, have you got any advice for me as im now terrified i have cancer! sad :cry:

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

No no you dont have cancer, but it does sound like you have a fair size ulcer. Where this ulcer is and its true status is going to remain a mystery until you go to the doctors smile

The black poo you describe is called 'Melena' and its due to oxidized iron from hemoglobin (you are digesting the blood from your bleeding ulcer or whatever it is). You need to seriously beware of constipation smile

Generally speaking cancer lumps are painless (until they get invasive), so some antibiotics may help shrink these harmless cyst / s smile

Really you DO need to go to the doctors (that is unless you want to faint and die?) sad No i didnt think so wink :D

• Posted

Oh by the way... Dont leave your doctors office without a appointment for a gastroscopy! UK wait time is about 8 weeks wink

Best wishes

• Posted

:D

i went to the doctor the following afternoon, the pain was terrible!!

i have a peptic ulcer, and now some gastro tablets to take. i had been in severe pain for several days but the tablets seem to have calmed it down well, just a little uncomfortable now.

one thing i am concerned about now is constipation. i have not been to the toilet properly now for 7 days, i feel all blocked up and have tummy ache where i need to go but cant. i have been eating alot of fruit, muslie yogarts and salad, seafood but none of this has shifted me. is it the gastro tablets \"lansoprazole\" causing this or should i go back to the doctors yet again!!!!

i feel like im being a hypercondriact at the moment but i rarely ever get ill, and this is somewhat nasty.... :?

• Posted

Good to see you are still alive! :shock: :D Yep its not nice at all sad

Havent they given you any pain killers? Thats a bit stingy of them :D

Well if they have (given you pain killers) its probably (more likely) those constipating you up smile

Lactulose (after every meal) and Senna (at night) is what you want, also drink alot of water, high fibre foods,, im suprised the doctors didnt Picalax you (just in case) smile

Lansoprazole is very good,, give your guts a few more days to cool down, all this ulcer and stuff is a bit harsh on them. You should end up in a OK'ish state :D

If not, I guess the Melena (black poo) has compacted up, things could get a lot worse if you keep on stuffing food in,, you will need Hospital / Picalax smile

See how it goes smile

• Posted

I meant Picolax (Sodium picosulfate) not Picalax, anyway its a fantastic laxative :D

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.