Symptoms in the last month only 20 i am very scared.

Posted , 5 users are following.

I think i might have pc im barely pooping having pain under my left rib cage that i feel in back. Bruising easily sweating on and off dry mouth dry throat at night cant sleep because i am only 20 i have a wife and we are about to have our second kid the symptoms have come on the last month i am overweight dipped and smoked on and off since then. I dont eat right. I also habe been hearing noises in my abdominal area i dont have gastro appointment for 2 weeks but i had ct scan of abdo at ed a few weeks ago and they said everything looked fine yestereday had gallbladder ultrasound which came back good except fatty liver for which i have had for a couple years. But they couldnt aee pancreas due to bowel gas . Been to gp and er several times last few weeks and blood test for liver and pancreatic enzymes have been fine come back ok waiting on stool culture. I need someone to talk to my family thinks im nuts because i am only 20 and so do doctors but i have all the risks and been having the symptoms. Im so scared i want to see my kids grow up

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Sorry if i sound scattered my brain is going 90 to nothing because i am deathly afraid of what is going on i have so many symptoms that say i have it but doctor thinks its just really bad infection
  • Posted

Jeremy, I would advise you to try pancreatic diet for a couple of weeks and see if that makes a difference. Your tests may be negative or inconclusive but if the diet helps then you are on the right path to track your illness down and manage it. No fat, spicy or fried food, no alcohol. Eat in small portions every 2-3 hours - boiled vegetables, fat free yogurt, some fruit.
  • Posted

Jeremy you're stressing out and stress can cause or make symptoms worse so try to settle down, change channels in your head, go for walks, slow your head down.

I agree you should try the pancreatic diet, low fat and no alcohol until you get this sorted.  

With regard to not pooping, most with pancreatitis have the opposite problem however we can also get constipated which it sounds like you are.  I don't know where you are but an over the counter product called Macrogol was prescribed for me.  It's gentle, normal motions, and I have to take 3 or 4 sachets a day for a week or so when I have problems.  Just make sure you drink water to help it work.  You may find a lot of your symptoms go away but still follow up with your doctor.

Try winding down your stress, start the diet and the Macrogol and see how you go. Good luck.

• Posted

Jeremy,

I got pancreatitis last year when I was only 26 don’t get me wrong it was the most painful week of my life but I lived and have been healthy ever since.  I did have a couple times that I thought I was getting it again and I made myself not eat for two days. (that’s what they make you do in the hospital except it’s lomger than two days and nothing to drink either). When I did that and let my pancreas recover I was fine afterwards.  Even if you do get pancreatitis it isn’t a death sentence many people like me get it once and done or live with it and learn to control it.

• Posted

Thanks for the advice guys ive lost 15 pounds in a few weeks still have diarhea but have been feeling better doctor says he really believes im taking things out of proportion and stressing myself out to the point where im freaking out but he is sending me to gastro. Me and the doctor had a long talk and he just thinks it could be stress

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.