Symptoms of AF returning and terrible sweating - help and advice needed

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, I have paroxysmal AF and had an episode about 8 years ago where they gave me Flecanide and brought my heart back to normal rhythm.  Since then I've had the occasional flutters but nothing major.  I did have some problems with side effects of Bisoprolol but that has improved.  

On Tuesday this week, I started feeling like my heart was missing a beat.  This was happening every few minutes and felt quite uncomfortable.  I was advised by 111 to go to accident and emergency.  They couldn't find anything on the ECG and was asked to come back yesterday to see a doctor.  They again couldn't find anything on the ECG and said unless I had chest pain then they wouldn't do anything.  Last night I was on a night shift and the fluttering and heart skipping beats started again.  My work place was quite warm and I was sweating profusely as I was doing jobs, especially from my head.  

The fluttering and skipped beats have continued today and I saw my GP who said again unless I had chest pain or shortness of breath not to go to accident and emergency.  He said if the symptoms continue over the next two weeks to go back and see him.  I would really appreciate some advice about this and the sweating which when I'm in  a cooler room is better and I haven't had sweating like this before.  

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hello Michael

getting to hot is a big trigger for ectopic beats of the heart, tiredness also, I've had AF for nearly 30 years, the jumping of your heart isn't going to harm you so try not to worry I know easy thing to say smile its a horrible feeling but take it from me as I once used to have hundreds of them a day smile if your working investment is warm try to wear cool clothing, but you really do need to get a 24/48 holster ECG monitor, ask about it on you're next appointment, try not to worry as it will make it worse, good luck

• Posted

Hi, I have had PAF for about 4 years, I see the Cardiologist yearly.

I have symptoms on and off, missed beats, and jumping, and I do get very hot.

I try to "ignore" it and on the whole I manage quite well. The Cardiologist told me not to worry as they wouldn't KILL me !!!!!

I take flecainide and bisoprolol they took a while to get used to but I'm o.k with them now. Try not to worry it will only make things worse..

• Posted

I can't edit my post... My phone decided to put investment instead of Environment lol smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.