Symptoms of bad gallbladder?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I went to the doctors a couple of years ago due to having severe heartburn whilst surfing. It was so bad that it hurt like mad every time I took a breath and felt like my chest and throat was on fire. I also had a right hand lower rib pain which would last a few weeks after each time I went surfing. I was told I had Acid reflux and given Omeprazole.

Since then I have surfed less due to the pain but now have been experiencing different symptoms and not sure if it's due to my gallbladder.

I have been getting a dull ache just under my right rib which will last for days at a time. I have no heartburn at all and the ache is now sometimes on the right hand side of my body and not at the front. It sometimes moves the the lower right hand side of my back and will be there for days at a time. I wouldn't describe it as painful but more of a constant ache. Lately my stools have been yellow in colour and quite mushy too.

I had a blood test and all was normal besides something to do with my Liver. I am due to have more blood tests tomorrow and I have a kidney/liver ultrasound on Fri 13th Feb. I've researched various symptoms regarding liver/kidney and gallbladder pain but my symptons don't seem to fit with those as I wouldn't describe my problem as particularly painfull. Any ideas as to what my issue might be?

Thanks for reading.

2 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

• Posted

Hi sounds like gallstones...when your gallbladder is sore and inflamed it's like you have a mouse gnawing away there ....when they scan your liver make them check your gallbladder ... 

Try eating no fat I mean no fat ...no butter marg cheese fat on meat etc ...really low have skimmed milk 

cut out caffeine as it aggravates gallbladder 

no spicy food just bland easy to digest food mash potatoe, rice, pasta steamed fish or chicken boiled veg ..

if your pain settles after a few days ..

youve got gallstones 

• Posted

Sounds like gallstones, ask for an ultrasound.
  • Posted

Thank you for the replies, I will change my diet right away and see how I get on. Would gallstones also cause my stools to be yellow?
    • Posted

I don't know why all my posts keep putting all that code below them
    • Posted

Hi if your stools go pale whitish it's a sign your liver isn't functioning well due to a gallstone in a bile duct if you then go jaundice yellowish skin it's an emergency straight to hospital so keep an eye on it and your complexion..
    • Posted

It could be the extra bile coming out that way already or an infection.
    • Posted

Hi Lee,

I noticed this and asked our developers about it. They have replied as below. I will edit your posts to remove the "coding".

Regards,

Alan

After a quick google, it looks like this user has the “FreeCause Toolbar” plugin installed, which attempts to do script injection or some other issues on every page you post data to. It’s classed as malware and should be removed.

Instructions here: http://malwaretips.com/blogs/freecause-toolbar-removal/

• Posted

The yellow stool could be extra bile coming out that way. I had green stools for awhile, after my surgery, my doctor said it was extra bile that the liver couldn't handle.

Has for the pain in your side and arm I would make sure the doctor checs it out. The blood test will show if it is your liver. I know they checked my blood for a double check to see if it was my gallbladder which came back that my liver was having issues due to problems with my gallbadder.

If you have any questions just ask. This site really helped me. I had my gallbladder out in Nov.

I haven't heard anyyne say that they had pain in their arm. I hope you get some answers real soon. Take it easy, drink lots of water and eat a low fat diet. I started this diet before my surgery and it helped a lot.

Lori

• Posted

Thanks again for all the helpful replies, I must admit I've been worried sick over christmas thinking I might have cancer. Feels like a weight has been lifted just by posting on here smile I'll keep you informed of any developments or my scan results etc.

Also thank you Admin, I had a feeling my computer might have some form of malware due to the kids constantly downloading goodness knows what smile Hopefully it's sorted now as I removed the offending extension via the instructions you posted.

• Posted

I feel the same way. This site helped me a lot too. Since my mom and uncle had gallstones I figured I would get it too. I get almost everything my mom has except migranes, I have had a few but those where from knots in my neck.
  • Posted

Had my second LFT blood sample results back today and was told "improved". Also the the past few days I have been watching what I eat and cut out as much fat as possible. Not had any coffee, only lemon green tea (yuk) and reduced my sugar intake as much as possible. Since doing this my back/side pain has pretty much been non existent for the past two days. Feeling more chirpy as a result smile
    • Posted

Well done ... Once I realised I had gallstones I was really strict with my diet and for the weeks I waited for my operation I avoided the pain..only grumbled when I got stressed ...or ate something accidentally .

such a relief ....

• Posted

That is great! Glad your doing better.

Lori

• Posted

Had my Ultra scan today and was told no gallstones were present and that she didn't see anything out of the ordinary. During the scan she asked if I ever feel pain on the left which I replied "no". This got me curious as to why she asked that though. Have to see what the GP says when I get the results in a few days I guess.
    • Posted

If she found something wrong on the left side then its your spleen.  Let me know what you find out.

Lori

• Posted

So far the docs can't find anything wrong with me. However I have to have another blood test this week, as last weeks bloods showed high levels of potassium.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.