Symptoms of being off HRT

Posted , 6 users are following.

I had been on it for 23 years. I weaned  OF HRT I took about 6 weeks or maybe a little more I have been completely off for a couple weeks.  This past week I have constant hot flashes mood swings nausea constipation extreme low energy exhausted.  Anybody else been down this road could use some advice 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Why don't u go back on it then cut it to half after u feel better, that's what I have done , I feel normal now, why stop what's doing u good??? 

• Posted

I have seriously considered going back on my Dr wanted me to go off them.  I just keep hoping if I can tuff it out the symptoms will start to back off.  
  • Posted

Hi Marlie

I wonder if it was your choice to come off HRT.  Have you considered going back on it?  On this forum the people who have been on it longterm seem to be happy.  I've been on it for 17 years.  I've just had a hysterectomy because of hyperplasia.  Have no eliminted progestogen but continue with oestrogen, Estrofem 1 mg daily.  

Good luck as you make your decision.  Your symptoms sound awful.  Best wishes Lyn

• Posted

I have been on both for 20+ years likely close to 25 I had really early menopause 37 finished my period at 41 I am 63 now.  I was off them for a few months years ago about 20 but couldn't cope and then I off again about 12 years ago and lost 17percent bone density so have been on them since.  It's crazy keep hoping things will settle down and I will be successful coming off them.  I hope and pray I can tuff it out, helps knowing other people have been through the same thing thanks for your concern 

• Posted

Hi Marie. i came off my HRT as i needed to, i was like you ok for 6 weeks then felt my symptoms gradually creeping bk, i have gone bk on them as i wasn't functioning as i when on the HRT, with me it was hot sweats anxiety low energy & not wanting to do anything. I have been taking them going in four weeks now. I was off them for at least 9/10 weeks. So glad to be back on them.  Hope this helps x

• Posted

it's good to know other people have felt the same, I swear my brain is gone and I can't find it 😳 I keep hoping  the symtons will settle but I think they are getting worse like you said, I don't sleep well at the best of times and that's less now even with sleeping pills.  Thanks for sharing don't feel quite so much of a failure considering going back on. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.