Symptoms of fibroid or not?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I have just found out from an ultrasound that I have a fibroid that is 1cm, so quite small. I am not convinced that that is what is causing me my symptoms which are lower back pain, discomfort across pelvis and bleeding in between periods, though gone my normal 26 days this time. I am constantly tired and wake several times a night. I had my iron levels checked and all OK. I'm 40 years old so wondering if it is possible peri? Anyone else had the same symptoms with such a small fibroid?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi jen, sorry to hear how you are feeling. Did they tell you where your fibroid is?
    • Posted

Hi Louise all the doc said when he phoned yesterday was that is was in my uterus. He has referred me to the gynecologist but there is a long wait apparently! I just feel like I have a lot of symptoms for such a small fibroid. I also get a lot of headaches too.
  • Posted

Hello Jen,

All of your symptoms sound consistent with complications due to fibroids. Even small fibroids can cause problems depending on where they are. I had the same symptoms as you plus night sweats and I'd break out in sweats during the day also. I thought the sweating was due to perimenopause but after I treated the fibroids the sweating went away (as did all the other symptoms)

My fibroids were bigger than yours but they weren't massive either, I had a number of small ones (1-3cm) and two medium size ones (size of a small Apple)

My doctor wasn't sure which symptoms were caused by peri and which were the fibroids. Your gynecologist will hopefully be able to give you more information.

I used Apple cider vinegar for a few months which helped to ease the pain and pressure symptoms only . A lot of women use it successfully along with black strap molasses to help ease symptoms, bleeding etc and shrink fibroids.

Good luck and I hope you get relief soon.

• Posted

Hi Angel, thanks for that will give the apple cider vinegar and molasses a go. If this is what a 1cm fibroid makes you feel like I would hate to have a bigger one!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.