Symptoms of IC

Posted , 4 users are following.

I haven't been formally diagnosed with IC but the descriptions I have read seem to fit my experience better than any other explanation and I've had loads of tests for other conditions which are all clear.

However my worst bouts of urinary urgency often seem to be preceded or associated with an acute skin irritation, a bit like \"pins and needles\" only worse, affecting almost all parts of the body.

I haven't read anything similar on IC websites and wonder if anyone else has experienced this?

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi I haven't yet been diagnosed with IC but I have awful rashes appearing all over my body which really itch!! I'm wondering if the painkillers I'm on May be causing this.? I'm on co codomol & co dydramol? I have recently had a valve operation which hasn't cured my pain so I am now looking at just going to A & E out of desperation on my pain condition as I know it is not my valve now! I have seen 2 urolologists and a third whom I didn't get to see! I have been constantly dismissed by these professionals so am now desperate! I can't understand how these people have been so negative towards me? This condition is obviously not known in Scotland? I just want to get well and get my life back sad if anyone has any suggestions I would be very grateful!

• Posted

Hi

I just came across your post on IC and wondered if you are still active on this forum, so I could pick your brains? I realise your post is over a year old - it was the part about skin irritation/pins & needles... Hope you are doing well with the IC. Kind regards 

• Posted

can  one have a urinary infection without pain  JUST A TEMPERATURE ?? 
  • Posted

i JHAVE A TEMPERATURE OF  38      but no other urinary problems

cOULD iSTILLHAVE AIN URNIARY  INFECTION  i  PRONE TO HAVING THEM 

• Posted

Hi Diana

The best advice I can give you, is to make an app with your GP or call NHS24 for advice. If you suspect another UTI you'll need to have your urine checked and discuss any other symptoms present, especially your high temp. Hope you are starting to feel better and get some answers soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.