Symptoms of Magnesium Deficiency

Posted , 13 users are following.

I've been studying this issue for many years....I've read a lot that mag is even more important than overloads of calcium, which can cause calcium deposits for just one issue....

Enough mag is needed for best calcium absorption. Then there is the Vit D deficiency......lots of deficiencies.

I don't know if any/many here are up on this mineral and how it could be related to fractures and all the hip issues many are challenged with.

I've been taking MORE mag than calcium for some yrs now, even thou docs push calcium and don't even discuss mag....that's conventional medicine for you.

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed the article that was pasted in full here as it breaches other website's copyright. Please do not paste whole articles in posts. You can add a link to it and this will be approved as long as it complies with rules for posting links. If it doesn't then links can be exchanged via the Private Message service.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398316-adding-links-to-posts

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

2 likes, 37 replies

37 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

OOPS!!! Correction...

Magnesium Oxide is the most UNDESIRABLE form from all I've read and heard about....it's the cheapest form so you'll find it in most mag forms that are less price....hence less quality....

• Posted

Just got this today about deficiencies including magnesium and iodine....

The media leads us to believe that we only need calcium for strong bones. In fact, you cannot have a strong skeleton without sufficient magnesium. It is just as important as calcium for several reasons:

1. 1. Magnesium is an essential building block of our bodies and makes up close to 1 percent of our body weight.

2. 2. More than 50 percent of magnesium is in our bones.

3. 3. Magnesium is necessary for proper calcium absorption.

4. 4. Higher magnesium intake is associated with greater bone mineral density.

5. 5. Magnesium helps to neutralize an acid in our bodies, which would otherwise cause bone loss.

While supplementation with magnesium pills can benefit everyone, I have found that intravenous (IV) magnesium therapy (in conjunction with other nutrients) is particularly valuable for correcting deficiency.

I frequently use the Myer’s IV, which contains 2 grams (2,000 mg) of magnesium, given as an IV push over a few minutes. Using this particular IV, I see positive results occur on a daily basis.

A nutrient IV is not appropriate for everyone. However, a holistic health care practitioner who is knowledgeable in this type of treatment can help guide you as to whether it would be beneficial. For those with severely low magnesium, an IV can provide remarkably positive effects.

• Posted

can be useful in an emergency situation in casualty....but routinely?

are you able to regularise your mag intake eg by taking epsom salt baths? i'm looking for some as part of a heath protocol so let me know if you find a good organic source!

• Posted

Marey, I don't soak in bath water, too MUCH fluoride in our public waters and it builds up in our bodies.....does more damage and any good, truth....

I know the UK is deep in fluoirde for their waters as is the U.S. but more and more we are slaying this monster and rejecting and removing it from our waters...the battle continues....

I take most days 1500mg magnesium and mostly not oxide form.j

• Posted

Ok agreed!

just found a lovely spray on oil!  xx

• Posted

Good, I buy mag spray oils too, but have found on very sensitive skin areas, it can irritate...on tougher skin it does not...so for sensitive areas, good to dilute the oil a bit... This is what I've found for me and I've used this mag oil spray for years....

• Posted

thanks joy....just tried the mag oil on my legs...seemed fine. thank you again!
    • Posted

Adding 1-2 teaspoons of borax to bath water will detoxify fluoride.
  • Posted

Can anyone give any advice on the long term use of magnesium?  Should it be used as a cure, or can it be used continuously?  I'd appreciate your input as I have come across conflicting views.
  • Posted

Can Magnesium Deficiency cause severe upper stomach cramps? and can this continue for months? Blood reports show normal Magnesium levels but blood tests are normal many times even when you are deficient. Is there a possibility of severe upper stomach pain and cramps that are disabling with magnesium deficiency (when other GI tests come normal)?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.