Symptoms of Pancreatic cancer?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have had yellow stools going on 4 years....i had 2 upper endoscopies a colonoscopy had 2 ultrasounds that turned up nothing...when this started 4 years ago i was ill loss of appetite lost 20 pounds. I finaly got better felt normal but the yellow stools have always stayed...Dr dismissed my yellow stools gave me ompeprozole and lexapro...now i have intermittant pain in my pelvic area, pain right below my ribcage and side pain on my left side

that comes and goes...recent ultrasound shows nothing..... I am at a loss and I really feel that this is my pancreas doing all this..im very scared

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi apriltigger.  Have you thought about finding another doctor?  Four years of being treated for GERD and anxiety when symptoms remain, albeit periodically, would be incentive enough mainly because it seems to me that communication might be an issue. 

If you like the doctor then don't forget you can get a second opinion, patients request it all the time and most times their doc's don't spit the dummy.  Perhaps request a referral to a gastroenterologist.

That your tests have come back normal each time still indicates something is amiss.  There are a lot of things other than pancreatitis that it could be but maybe you've been tested for all the usual suspects.

Having said that anxiety can cause yellow stools.  Food races through the digestive tract too fast, bilirubin doesn't have time to process and turn brown so stool is yellow. 

Has your doctor discussed anxiety / depression with you or does he choof you out the door with scripts without explaining what they actually do?  I'd be cranky if the reason for my anxiety turned out to be because doc hasn't explained what he/she thinks clearly enough. Good luck

• Posted

Thank you for your response! I do have health anxiety and i am currently obsessed with the fact i have pancreatic cancer with all the symptoms I have...i am going to see a new gastroenterologist this wednesday and tell him to address the yellow stool problem...this is not normal! If all test prove negative then i will reside with the fact yellow stools are my normal...sigh...
  • Posted

I have had pain under my left rib cage for 3 months now. Blood work and X-rays came back normal. Now I have added pain to my right rhomboid and heart burn with gastritis. I'm scared it could be pancreatic cancer or another type of C.  I am going to see a gastroenterologist to set up an appointment for an endoscopy. I'm hoping all turns out well... for all of us. 

• Posted

Hi Why is it so difficult to get anyone to accept we have a problem I have been having symptoms for 6 months. I was originally fast tracked to the hospital after having an ultrasound for indigestion type pain, they found a distended bile duct in my pancreas. (since then I am convinced I have PC) scans bloods everything came back normal, even a colonoscopy. But I still have the pain under my right ribs  which goes through to my back, but I am constipated. The consultant has even said the pain in my back is usually associated with the pancreas, and on my letter to the GP he has put  wait and see !!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.