Symptoms, ovarian cyst or malignancy?

Posted , 4 users are following.

hello,

I'm 43 years old, last year this time around I developed a simple ovarian cyst 26mm×15mm, dr wasnt too much worried as cyst size was small, and said it will go away on it's own... 2 weeks later I had another detailed ultrasound, (transrectal) and radiologist was a very experienced one, found nothing as such. everything seemed normal. meanwhile my lower back pain and urgency to urinate, and reflux never went away through out the past 1 year.

back in July I skipped one month of periods, now my cycle is 30-35 days and periods are quite light. I believe I'm in perimenopause phase. what is freaking me out is that...... for past 1 month or so my lower tummy has increased a lot, having menstrual cramps like pains, a little burning sensation in lower tummy's front part, plus swelling on one leg...

I'm absolutely going bonkers becx I read on Google that menstrual cramp like pain or sharp shooting pain in pelvic area is generally associated with ovarian cancer... Did anyone else also experienced these symptoms with cysts? plz plz anyone, need some reassurances, having a mental break down

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hi sabrina .. i am only 26 yrs old but maybe i can help because i experienced almost all the symptoms but had a large benign dermoid cyst which is actually a tumor that needed to be removed by a cancer surgeon. i had pains in my pelvis had to pee a lot my legs felt super heavy i had digestive issues etc. however the us did a transvaginal and abdominal and found it right away and ordered me an mri bloodwork which included a ca125 and tumor marker test. push your dr and let he or she know something is not right they can order more tests. if something doesnt feel right please dont leave it alone.

• Posted

Dmorgan5 thank u so much for replying hun, can u plz tell me what was ur can125 value??

• Posted

yes it was 8 .. but please know u can have a higher ca125 (above average i believe is 35) and still not have cancer or you can have a lower ca125 and still can have cancer. it is not an extremely accurate system. my mom has cancer so im pretty well versed in this unfortunately. but on a postitive note a lower ca125 is still A good sign!

• Posted

Hi.. sorry you aren't getting answers. worrying when ovarian is so hard to detect..i had a cyst on my ovary which was monitored until it septated..they caught this v quickly with internal camera and operated straight away to remove cyst and ovary. Ask for another scan to be on safe side..bloating and IBS like symptoms can sometimes be mistaken..hope this hasn't freaked you .cysts can be v painful and often benign.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.