Symptoms pancreatitis

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am after son advice. since last August I have been experiencing some strange sensations in my abdomen. started with movements I suspect due to wind. almost like a baby kicking inside me. Then I started to get pain under my left rib and back. these have been on and off. since March 2019 i have started having sharp pain in my left almost like a stitch and have notice it's almost as soon as I finish a meal. the last 6 weeks the pain has been waking me up. the sensations of bubbles in left side is so strange. the pain in my back and under my left rib cage can be so bad. these episodes are becoming more frequent now and now worrying me. I have a doctors appointment today but am worried that they will dismiss my symptoms as IBS. the pain is constant at the moment but I would rate it at a niggling 5. I also have had a popping sensation when bending down a few times lately. any advise would be great.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

hmmm! we are no medical experts but we can share our own experiences. popping sensation? had any injuries in that area? may be worth asking about slipping rib syndrome, can cause upper abdominal pain, back pain etc. to be honest there is so many things it could be! whats your stools like? change in bowel habits? laying down ok? best thing is to go to the doctors, it can be frustrating because they start from the bottom and give you stuff thinking its something which it may well be, just be patient and be honest! hope all is well x

• Posted

so hurts more when I lay o my back. worse also at night. my stools vary sometimes lose other times normal. I get really bad pain if I need to go and theres no holding it off.

doctors have requested samples and blood tests. GP said it could be a number of things. she first wants to rule out any bugs and also look at bloods.

I think I'm worried as I've left it nearly a year and now the pain is constant.

• Posted

its so hard no to worry, dont google anything because it gives you the worst! hope you find something out soon x

• Posted

thank you. I know I am trying not to. looking at the blood form I can see she has selected to test ca125 which is the ovarian cancer test. I'm just trying not to freak out x

• Posted

theyll do basic tests, ca125 markers if raised can also be down to other issues. i am sure theyll be do a full blood count, liver, iron, kidneys etc x

• Posted

yes that's all on there. thank you for taking the time to reply to me x

• Posted

no worries, sometimes its good to just have a chat so feel free to message at anytime! ive had similar experience, still going through it and they still havent found whats up! i its been endless but i trust them!

• Posted

Rosie did you ever find out what was causing your problems ?

I'm having the same symptoms for 14 months straight.....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.