Symptoms Post-Op Dizziness

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello. Just found this site and I'm hoping for some help. I am 2 weeks post op from Chiari Decompression with C1 Laminectomy. I am having pretty severe dizziness/lightheadedness. Was this normal after your surgery? I thought it was meds so I stopped taking most a week ago. My pupils were fully dilated with blurry vision and dizziness which I read can be from the scopolamine patch so I stopped that 2 days ago. The blurry vision and dilated pupils went away, but I still feel very weak and lightheaded like I could pass out. I had post op yesterday and neurosurgeon didn't seem concerned, no follow up MRI at this time. He just said it will take some time. Has anyone had this? It is really causing me anxiety because it feels so awful!

2 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

dear Melissa,

good job your op was done - now it is just a matter of time to heal.just listen to your body ...write it down everything, each patient different ..but i thinkĀ  it need at least 2 months before you start feeling better..just patience...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.