Symptoms returning despite ppis. Scared!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi there, I started with lpr back in November. After the ENT discovered inflammation in my throat I had a gastroscopy which showed oesophagitis and gastritis also Barretts. I was put on ppis - ending up on Nexium 20mg twice a day and Domperidone 4x per day and Gaviscon Advance. This seemed to work, and despite having stomach pain my throat symptoms got better and I was discharged from ENT. I had a follow up gastroscopy in April and this was also clear. Even though I don't like taking all the tablets, I thought that it was worth it for the healing.

At the beginning of June my throat and mouth started burning again, and I put this down to the fact that I had cut back on the Gaviscon. I upped the Gaviscon and things got better. Over the past few days I've felt the burning again and also felt really bloated. 

I'm so depressed and scared. Just looking for similar experiences. I know it sounds overly dramatic but I'm terrified I have stomach cancer or something so any similar experiences will be greatly appreciated toout my mind back in order. 

Thank you 

2 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have reflux and acid burning in stomach too.  I take Gaviscon when it is bad.

It started when I gave up smoking and quickly put on a stone in weight and this I think is the problem (I am hoping it is nothing more serious). Today I finally had an appointment with gastroenterologist ( waited 4 months) and he wants me to have a gastroscopy as he thinks I could have an ulcer.  In the mean time I am going to try to lose the weight and if I feel better do not have to have it.  Maybe you could try to lose weight and see if this helps,as you have been cleared and try not to worry as this is the biggest cause of reflux (easy for me to say!)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.