Symptoms started again after pregnancy.. Any advice?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello, i was just wondering if anyone on here has had something similar to what I am experiencing now. I had my baby 4 months ago, i had GA c-section. Over the last 3/4 weeks or so all my symptoms have flared back up again and don't seem like they're going to go away. I had decompression surgery 3 years before i had my baby and I had such a better quality of life after, during pregnancy i did well and was okay but now i just feel like i an going downhill and fast. I haven't seen my gp yet but i am going to but i am just wondering if anyone has had something similar? I cant be sick again because i have my baby to look after and i guess i am just a bit scared and anxious at this point.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

i didnt know i had chiari til after i had my son alot of things started happening to me after i went back to work i fell and they did a scan and found it i was told that pregnancy can set things of that lie dormant hope this helps

• Posted

also i had a section too went into anatheleptic shock twice in twenty four hrs lucky to be here but i think what triggered mine was the spinal?? cant prove it i havnt had decompression surgery yet i had etv first as i have blocked ducts aswell so they trying wverytbing else first feel worse than ever did decompression surgery help you at first

• Posted

also i had a section too went into anatheleptic shock twice in twenty four hrs lucky to be here but i think what triggered mine was the spinal?? cant prove it i havnt had decompression surgery yet i had etv first as i have blocked ducts aswell so they trying wverytbing else first feel worse than ever did decompression surgery help you at first

• Posted

Decompression surgery does not get rid of the cause of Chiari it just creates more room for cerebral spinal fluid to flow, and thus most Chiarians see their symptoms come back. A spinal tap or "spinal" lowers the pressure in the spinal column and allows for the hindbrain to slump (because of reduced pressure) and indeed many woman experience either their first symptoms of Chiari, or have them come back after decompression surgery.

The cause of Chiari for most has been shown (Drs/Neurosurgeons: Miguel Salvador - Spain, Bolognese - New York, Heffez - Wisconsin, F. Henderson - Maryland) to be a tight spinal cord pulling down on the hindbrain (Chiari herniation) and if you relieve this tension via filum terminal dissectum (45 minute surgery just above the intergluteal cleft...ie the buttcrack), the downward pulling on said hindbrain is now gone, allowing for an increase in csf flow (good thing), decompression of cranial nerves (good thing) also with time (Salvador, Bolognese) their can be an UPWARD MIGRATION OF THE CHIARI HERNIATION. This upward migration basically is getting rid of the Chiari herniation (hindbrian moves upward).

No, as a man, I have not given birth, but have heard this same scenario of symptoms after the "spinal". I did howerver, have Chiari decompression surgery, and the decompression did nothing, but the filum terminal dissectum got me out of bed after three years and I am now back to helping my wife raise our children, and our future looks wonderful.

Do your research! Saved my life (I had central and obstructive apnea so bad that I would stop breathing for OVER 1 MINUTE during sleep all night long) and during the decompression surgery they thought I was having a heart attack, but it was actually the compressed cranial nerves per Chiari. The filum surgery was a MIRACLE for me.

God Bless, and do your research!

• Posted

thanx for you info pretty much all new so any help from anyone does actually help

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.