Symptoms that fibroid has grown?

Posted , 28 users are following.

I have very bloated/distended abdomen all the time (visibly protruding like I am about 6 months pregnant, not eating as much, have to wear a pad as bladder seems weaker, I had a scan a few years ago and they said I had a mini fibroid so not sure if it has grown or just being overweight.  What symptoms did everyone have when theirs had grown please?

1 like, 49 replies

49 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi jayne

It does sound like the fibroid could of grown, I would get it checked out to be on the safe side.. mine fibroid is 22cm the size of 38 wk pregnancy :-/ and I'm having mayomectomy in 3 wk time. . Best not to leave it to long like myself has I'm not suitable for the non surgery options has a result of the size.. All the best.

• Posted

Hi Tanza,

How long did it take yours to grow? good luck with the operation... My stomach just doesn't feel right like it is hard to pull it in..uncomfortable feeling and pulling on my back...does yours feel like that?  I will go to see GP...

• Posted

I found out I had fibroids when I was pregnant with my daughter now 6 years old.. I had her and then it grew bigger I was booked to have surgery a few yr ago but chicken out cause they freak me out and scared me to death when they mentioned it could result in hysterectomy! I then went on to have my son now 3.. And over the last yr and half its just grown rapid to the point I can't disguise it no more plus iv been in alot of pain pressure on bladder mri shows its pressing on kidney also.. I couldn't breath in it was  hard has rock like a football. . It only just going down cause they put me on pre op injection to shrink it.. I started the process last august to get it out bk and forth to gyne.. If u want to been seen quick ask your doctor to fast track u tell them your in alot of pain other wise its a long wait. . Good luck
    • Posted

How was you pregnancys? Did you get lots of cramps and pain? How long did it last if you did.
  • Posted

Hi Ffion, thanks for the reply..I can't remember when I had the scan maybe 2-3 years ago they just said it was mini one and that was it so I forgot about it.  My periods have been really painful and heavy feel sick at times, and quite bad backache but I keep thinking its because I am not exercising and put weight on and GP will just say lose weight.  I just had an internal scan and got results from GP so didn't see a Gynaecologist.  Good luck with your operation you will feel relieved probably when it is over and your symptoms go.
    • Posted

Thanks Jayne, yes I will be relieved! I have had quite a few scans over the years including internal ones. Each time I have always been referred to a gynaecologist, think its standard practice. I would ask to be referred as many GP's will not be able to guide you on your options.
    • Posted

I have similar symptoms. My is 6cm. Im nauseous and stopped exercising. Im depressed. Belly bloat. Sometimes i get nauseous for no reason. Im waiting on my surgeon to call as ive decided on total hysterectomy.
  • Posted

Hi Jayne. 

Sounds like you should get it checked again...

My fibroid size  did seem to go in cycles growing then shrinking,  but overall an upward trend in growth. It's now 11cm and I am currently on esmya to shrink it ahead of hysterectomy in mid sept...It does feel smaller so hopefully it is working.

X

• Posted

When i found out i had fibroids it was 15 cm.  After it was removed it was 21cm by 21cm by 20cm so it was joking around
  • Posted

I have had fibroids for ten years.  During the last 3 was the worse.  I was always bloated and my abdomen was protruding.  The fibroids had grown and was all in my ribcage...it couldnt grow any further left or right....so it protruded...i looked 9 months pregnant.  I didnt really gain weight in my body....but it grew and quickly too.  When it was removed a month ago it weight 10 pounds....i am still in shock!....i didnt have bleeding or regular urinination...i knew that i was about to start urinating often if it didnt come out when it did because my doctor could feel it against my bladder.... I also felt weak closer to my period....so i would suggest you seek the best option to remove it...........i waited 7 years after finding out that i had to remove it.............i was scared...but honestly my surgery was wonderful!.....no pains, no discomfort....wow my recovery is going well.... i give praise to God.....i am a woman of faith......i credit my doctor......brilliant man! and the medical team
    • Posted

Hi nickeylopez

Wow 10 pounds is that right or was that a type error!! I'm guessing that it wasn't cause mine is at the stage where I'm ready to drop.. I'm glad your surgery went well bet your glad it's over.

How was yours removed meyomectomy or hysterectomy?  Have you got any tips to share thats  helping with your recovery? I just trying to prepare myself for my op in 3 weeks time.

• Posted

yes you heard right it was 10 pounds.  My gyno wasnt sure what he would do....he told me when he enters then based on the location he will know ifs its gonna be a myo or a hyste...  Suprisingly.....he did a myo....he is not a fan of hysterectomies.  Years ago my family doctor said it would be hysterectomy.  My feeling is many doctors are not skilled to removed especially huge fibroids so they opt for taking out the uterus.  i told my gyno i have no intentions of having kids.............he just thought i was too young for a hysterectomy. Re recovery...............i was told to rest but move around regularly to keep from getting clots.  i am not a bed person so i was always trying to get uo and walk a bit.....drink lots of water or juice...dont lift anything heavy......dont stretch or bend outside of your reach.................this thursday will be a month..........and I am feeling great......my sister took a picture of the fibroid................my doctor showed me a day later.........since then i havent been able to look at the picture...........cant be;ieve that monster was in me.   I know that as skilled as the medical team was..it was God who took me through this effortlessly, painlessly no joke!  You will be fine dont worry.

• Posted

Thanks nickey lopez for the tips feel a bit more relax now, knowing that you come through. Wishing you a speedy recovery all the best :-)
    • Posted

Hi

I'm wondering how you are a year after surgery? Has it grown back ?

I have 3 fairly large fibroids going for an mri

In 2 weeks

I have no symptoms except that I can feel them especially when I'm full they are hard as a rock and grown a lot the past year

I'm super scared of surgery, but I keep thinking maybe they are dangerous. I'm 46 and hope they tell me I can wait for menopause but probably not.

Pls let me know how your doing so long after surgery

Thank you

• Posted

Hello Nickeylopez my name is Christine I'm about to have surgery on Oct 24th to remove my Fibroids I look like I'm 9 months pregnant my stomach is hard as a rock it is so embarrassing everybody is always asking me if I'm pregnant I even lost a lot of weight because I get full fast I am so scared to have this surgery I am having a hysterectomy is there any encouraging words you can tell me

• Posted

This was awsome to hear! my surgery is in April .but my dr office is not really making me feel comfortable. I havent gotten any counsel about before or after surgery. i feel very nervous. But reading your testimony gave me hope! may i have your doctor office information?

Alicia

• Posted

Hi Nicky

When I read your entry this might sound strange but I felt delighted and relieved...I too am a woman of faith but I am a coward...ha ha ha ..I do believe that God wants me to be braver..I'm brave for everyone else except me......so when you said you were scared I totally identify ... I recently did a CT Scan and my doctor said I have a huge fibroid and he is going to refer me to a gyno to have it removed...he said it is pressing against other organs..I've known that I have it for years but honestly I was running away from everything and  God made me stop and do a turnaround and face my fears..one of the hardest things I have had to do.

I didn't even know about this online forum and it's such a relief to hear so many women have the same symptoms and that they are dealing with it too..so this gives me hope. I really wish no woman had to go through this ..I tried some natural remedies for a while but this one is a stubborn one and will need to be cut off...

I am praying a lot ..so please put me on your prayer list and I hope to have mines done soon..Mine is huge ..I don't know the size but it could be like 20 cm and I also look pregnant and like many women on this website I want my life back!!! 

I am 46 and they may remove everything but I would prefer if they left the uterus..but I leave that in God's hands..

?

I just wanted to make friends with you and let you know how mine is going and get some support and I am single and possible will have to go through this alone...but at last ..I am getting it done...

After surgery..did your stomach go flat immediately?..how long did it take to return to normality..how it is today? 

I'm looking for friends..so anyone can reply, please smile

• Posted

Hi Christine:

How has it been since the surgery? I too am in a similar situation..and I hope to have mine operated on soon...A nice update would be appreciated.

• Posted

Hi Tanza:

Can I get an update on your operation? Any words of encouragement or advice?

• Posted

God speed Alicia..I pray that all goes well for you...I would like to know of your progress post surgery
    • Posted

Hi, jceden

I am just like you, nervous and needingtpo make friends to help deal with this.

Please let me know how you're doing. I have several large fibroids and I'm scared.

• Posted

Hi Jceden,

How's it going. Where are you in your process with dealing with your fibroids? I have had a stomach that looks 7-8 mths pregnant for around

5 yrs. Busy taking care of elderly parents. Now, want to really get serious with getting rid of these fibroids.

Ova

• Posted

Nickey, omg. Mine is the same. It's all over side to side all up against my ribcage. Thank God I found this forum and your comment because I've never seen anybody else say it's up to the ribcage. I actually feel a little better.. I'm going to do blood work and mri in the next week. Did they use lupron first before surgery to shrink the fibroids?Please keep me in your prayers. I have to just trust God and pray pray pray. I'm very happy you are doing great. I'm in the USA btw..

• Posted

I can relate to everything you said. I was running for 10 years now, wishing it away, praying for them to disappear but it didn't go away. I guess not with all the bad eating, drinking coffee, and extremely stressful life. I now have to stop and face my fears!!! Although I'm petrified, I'd rather do it now as I'm just entering 50. I don't wanna deal with this when I'm 60!!! Let's all stay in touch and encourage and pray for each other. Matter of fact, I'm going to start seeking prayer at my neighborhood church. Hope you are doing well. Stay blessed!

• Posted

Hi Vera a year after your post i came across this forum and not even sure you will get this message. You were 46 and hoping to wair for menopause. Im in the same situation. 47 and hanging in there with some huge growths in me. I had the 3 month lupron injection (used to treat male prostrate cancer) Felt amazing as it induced menopause and they started to shrink. After 2 months i started to have heart arrhythmia, high blood pressure, headaches, bad vision and ended up in the emergency department. I didnt have another but fibroids have started to get bigger again. I had a new growth so went to docs didn't even touch me...my mind is over worrying what if the mass is something else i asked the question about cancer..replied oh no couldnt be. Health anxieties are killing me! Just wanted to know if you have anything done. Surgery isnt an option for me as i suffer from anaphylaxis to a lor of drugs etc.

Hope you get this message and are well

Shannon

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.