Symptoms that get worse and no answers

Posted , 5 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity.

I am 29 and this is my first post on this website. I am very worried and I hope someone can give me some advice. 

When I was a child (when I was 10 to 15 years old), I had quite frequent attacks. The symptoms include weakness/sensitivity on the right side of the face and right side of the body, seeing blurry from the right eye, severe headache, numbness in the right arm, numbness of thong and difficulty speaking, slurred speech, difficulty thinking. The symptoms lasted few hours per time. 

After years without symptoms, I had an attack on January 2018 and ended up hospitalized. The attack had same simptoms as years ago. I even fell down (without passing out) at work and got taxi to the hospital. The symptoms lasted few hours. Now I am in a different country (Thailand) and the doctors suspected brain stroke. After clear brain MRI, they diagnosed me with an atypical migraine

Fast forward to this day, for the first time I have persistent continuous symptoms that started 2 weeks ago. Symptoms include: 

- Weakness/sensitivity on the right side of the face and right side of the body. Pain and sensitivity in the right eye. 

- Feeling less conscious (like between dreaming and reality) 

- Difficulty thinking, concentrating, sometimes difficulty typing and speaking. 

- Full body muscle pain 

- Almost constantly tired 

- Nausea 

I went to doctor again, they did MRI 3.0T on the brain with contrast. Come out clear. 

Now I don't know what to do. I am trying to find a good neurologist, but I am very scared because for the first time symptoms are persistent sad 

Any help would be welcome.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Aleksandar, check out Hemiplegic migraines, they

mimic strokes. I have been diagnosed with this, and your symptoms sound similar. They can be so scary I have bought myself a blood pressure to do 1st aid checks on myself. My neurologist calls the symptoms auras, sometimes I get head pain and sometimes I dont, although always have a fuzzy head. Takes me a long time to recover, nearly two weeks. Its a rare migraine and doctors do not always pick up on it. Definitely worth ruling out.

• Posted

My neurologist says possible migraine. I got positive ANA, 1:160 fine speckled ana. Swelling in feet (muscle swelling, no inflammation detected on mri). However, my rheumatologist thinks it is not systemic autoimmune yet.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.