Symptoms without an outbreak

Posted , 4 users are following.

Was hoping to get advice from anyone else who has experienced similar symptoms of GH. I was diagnosed by a blood test with an Igg test positive for HSV 2. I've never had an outbreak of sores but have experienced the tingling, itching, burning, lower back pain and leg numbness for the last two months. Is this normal of an initial outbreak? It's lasted two months off and on.  Very worried 😔

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Just your nerves. The disease in your nervous system. My legs & sometimes thighs tingle or have some weird nerve feeling. During my 1st OB I had symptoms like I had the flu: a fever, headache, chills & pain ueination due to blisters I didn't know I had

• Posted

Hi Dawn,

What initially brought you to get tested? Are you on meds?

• Posted

I had unprotected sex in Aug 2016. After about a week I was having what felt like a bladder infection. Then came the tingly pin needle feeling down below. I'm not on any meds as dr keeps telling me it's now a yeast infection. Do you think meds would benefit my symptoms? I took a full panel std check. All negative but a HSV 2 positive result.

• Posted

So you have hsv but doesn't think this is an outbreak?? Do you have any lesions??

• Posted

OB said no lesions but did say my tingly feeling is a symptom of herpes. She did a swab test. I just can't understand how I could have this feeling off and on for 2 months without breakout. I just want to feel better. sad thanks for any advice!

• Posted

I know how you feel. I've been experiencing burning discomfort for weeks now. I just want to feel better also it burns mostly after Sex. And I stay tired a lot

• Posted

Is it just general burning no other symptoms? Are you on meds?
    • Posted

I'm so sorry! From what I've been reading it does get better. Were you diagnosed with HSV2? Are you on meds?

• Posted

Well had several test done and all come back negative but had a cluster of blisters come up on leg and dr said was herpes. I think fixing to get appointment with gynecologist. I have a cream and generic brand of valtrex. Thinking I need something else cause OB happens a lot it seems
    • Posted

It mostly just burns after Sex that's all. No other symptoms. I have a generic brand of valtrex

• Posted

Yes get to Gynecologist as they seem to have more experience in this area. I hope you find answers. I know it's so frustrating and scary.

• Posted

It is scary and frustrating. So glad I found a place where I can talk to others who know what I'm going through.

• Posted

Agree! Not an easy topic to bring up with friendssad keep us posted on your progress. I hope I get more answers today. Take care!

• Posted

Thanks everyone for all your help and comfort. Helps a lot being able to talk about it. I have a appointment for the 19th with gynecologist

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.