Symtoms

Posted , 6 users are following.

I had heavy legs, like i was wearing massive knees boots, then the headache started, then the dizziness, and i was falling over, after laying down. Then shooting pains in my arms, wrists, knees, lower legs and ankles. Lower back pain, then started. Problems holding onto items. The doctor sent me for an x-ray, i discovered i have CS. The doctor just said, take paracetamol, it will reoccur and get worse. The doctors aren't interested, they are too busy with their work load. Someone, please tell me what's going on, I'm confused and feeling as though I'm not important. I've seen three doctors, they are all busy.Someone please explain this all to me. Thank you. 

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi Chrissy,

The number one rule for me when dealing with doctors is get multiple opinions. I wouldn't right off on the getting worse part. The chiropractor I see regularly deals with people having cs working to help them recover/reduce symptoms by correcting the spine alignment through movement, stretches.

There are also surgical options and specialized spine surgeons that deal with it regularly.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply. The doctors say because I'm 60, it's just my age, and i have to learn to live with it. They said nothing more.

• Posted

Hi,

And good morning to all cs sufferes, because we are many. Some needing no more than paracetamol, others needing several combinations of tablets to get the best pain control.

It may be that all the medics you have seen have X ray eyes and can see you are okay, or you may need urgent attention. If you have the finances you could go for an mri privately . By the sounds of your description of symptoms if you go for physiotherapy make the practitioner aware of your situation.

Mike.

• Posted

My doctors aren't interested. They say " Take paracetamol and some tablets to stop being dizzy " I felt like i was a pain to them, by being there. I can't take Aprin based things, because i have asthma. I'm not going back. 

• Posted

Hi Chrissy,

Sorry to hear about the many challenges you are facing with CS.  I was diagnosed with CS in October 2016 and have many debilitating symptoms, that never resolve, including loss of balance, severe vertigo, massive reduction in upper body strength, pins and needles, nightly, very restricted neck movement, heaviness and weekness in my legs, like I am walking in a head wind, loss of balance, which feels like I am on an icy path.  Like you, I have had fairly negative response from my GP, and I have had to ask for everything.  Thanks to a user on this forum to directed me towards requesting an MRI of my cervical spine, I am now awaiting a date for this.  Demonstrate to your GP that you want to be in control of your CS and push for everything (I know from experience this is hard, but it is your right, and their remit to facilitate adequate managment of your CS.  Don't take no for an answer, and insist they take your CS symptoms seriously.  We are individuals and will all experience our CS in a unique way!  Point this out to him/her.  Whilst you GP may well have a heavy workload, this is not something for you to worry about.  Return to your GP and request an MRI, as the outcome of this will provide a clearer picture of your CS, and facilate management.  I hope this helps, good luck with everything Chrissy!

• Posted

I wish I had an answer for you, but unfortunately I only have the same symptons. After I had my spine reconstructed, I have developed many different issues, incl. CS. But with all the hardware supporting my spine, I'm a very complex situation. It's almost unbearable and I have sympathy for you and all the others that deal with CD. Now, my surgeon that was 1 and 1/2 hrs away, has moved his practice 3 hrs away (drive time). He is simply the best to have taken on such an ordeal as mine. Though you are having difficulty with your doctor, I would seek to find the best. Call your area hospitals and tell them you want the name/ names of the best surgeon they have that deals with CS. This will give you a good starting point. There is one that will take you serious, and tell you your options.  Ask questions and if you don't get an answer that explains how to handle this CS, move on to the next.  

• Posted

Thank you for you're reply. I live in the UK on benefits. I depend on the NHS. I have no chance of getting anyone private, i can't afford it.

• Posted

Hi,

My problems include cervical stenosis/spondylosis with myolepathy at levels c4567.

I have very heavy legs, no upper body strength and difficulty picking up or carrying things.

Originally I was supposed to have surgery but because of cancellations by the hospital on three occasions I decided against it. My Neurosurgeon at Southampton hospital now says I am beyond surgery as it would be complete fusion of cervical vertebrae.

As long as I have pain control he is happy to dismiss me.

Mike.

• Posted

That's awful for you. I hope things work out in your favour, in the near future.

• Posted

Hi Chrissy

Sorry to hear about your symptoms I would definitely push for a MRI you will see Spondylotic changes with an X-ray but you won't be able to see the full extent without an MRI e.g. Nerve compression or spinal cord compression Myelopathy as mentioned by mike for more information on myelopathy check out myelopathy org hope this is of some help

Best wishes

• Posted

Thank you for your comment.  I doubt whether my doctors would listen. One thing that I'd like to know is why have i got lower back pain, radiating onto my hips, i thought it just was arms and legs that were effected.

• Posted

I've just checked the site. Thank you again. My doctors told me to learn to live with it, there's nothing they can do. They weren't interested.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.