Symtoms

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi im new to this forum could can anybody explain the syptoms of this pain please. There are certain points of the body that drs use to diagnose this. Any help would be grateful

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Mine started in my feet, it is so painful that I couldn’t walk. It moves around my body, it could be anywhere, it can even change places in a flash. My pain is like a dull ache and sometimes I can feel the ligaments pull. I have had fibromyalgia for about 20 yrs.
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply alicia. I have pain in the front of my shoulders can be both or just one my elbows my hips and back of neck x

• Posted

Hi Karen, mine was my neck, shoulders and back simultaneously. The back was the worst. I remember my neck had a throbbing pain just felt it was in constant spasm. The back was so stiff and painful I struggled to move. Stress was a major factor and when the onset of pain came had really bad stress. Fatigue also makes pain worse. When we sleep better we hopefully feel better. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia 2 years ago.
    • Posted

You sound similar to me, my neck my hips, feet, arms. I also suffer stress, restless leg syndrome, anxiety and depression, all are linked to fibromyalgia x
    • Posted

Yes i have severe anxiety and restless legs. Yes my pain seems to be all over but throught it was just my anxiety playing up. Nevrr mentioned these pains to the dr x

• Posted

Hi oompa yes my back necknand shpulders are the worse. But i sleep on my stomach with my arms over my head so i dont tjink this is helping. Its also making my chest muscles feel tigjt and hurt x

• Posted

Yep all too similar, and if we can deal with the stress hopefully the rest will be made easier to manage
    • Posted

I used to sleep on my stomach which made things worse, I've learnt to sleep on my back now.

• Posted

How did you learn to do tjat. I keep trying to lay on my side cause i suffer with asthma so cough if im in my back x
    • Posted

I learnt to breathe from my stomach as opposed to my chest which allowed me to focus more than anything else, and in time as I did this I guess I relaxed a little more. Unfortunately I'm not always on my back, but at least I am not on stomach.

• Posted

Your symptoms are similar to mine. My hips, neck, arms, in fact everywhere!!! I don’t really go out much because of it. Luckily my children are older and left home. 
    • Posted

I still have a 15 and 13 year old at home but i just carnt be bothered to go out xx

• Posted

You need to tell docs coz you need medication. Do you take anything at the moment? Hope you don’t mind me asking x
    • Posted

Im only on hrt patches as im in menapause but dobt take anything else x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.