Synkynesis and some other stange things

Posted , 3 users are following.

English is not my first language but I hope you will understand my problem.

I got Bell Palsy on January 21st this year- left side- and within one hour I got the treatment in the hospital.. First move on the cheek after 2 weeks. I had physical therapy, acupuncture, acupressure etc...

I have my full smile again, can not close the eye completely and until last week I was quite satisfied.  Ophthalmologist says since I have double vision that my eye turned upward for 2

degrees....

Last  week I experienced twitching on my left cheek and near the nose, and my left corner of the mouth always goes to the left ear, like I want to smile and I fell  in that area which makes me very nervous.

Also, when I raise my eyebrows, I have a smile on the left side. My therapist says it is synkynesis after 3 months.

Also, I am starting to fell pain on the affected side and pain behind ears on the both side...

Any similar experience!? What else I should do?

Thank you!!!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like normal for Bells Palsy.  Things come and go.

• Posted

Hi Anna

That sound very normal for bells,i got mine Feb 2017 and am still twitching it will get better with time.Try not to stress it will get better.Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.