SYNVISC INJECTIONS

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi to all knee suffers who are either wating for TNR or are still sitting on the fence - I was just about to start my next series of Synvisc injections that now come as a series of 3 to be told by BUPA that they are no longer covering this form of treatment - so being faced with either TNR or further Synvisc injections have decided to pay the £1500 myself. This treatmnt wroks for me having had these before some 7 months ago - so have had the 1st last thursday - 2nd tomorrow 26th Feb and the last on 6th March  obviously very miffed about  BUPA tefusing to pay for any further treatment but I suppose they have to make a profit somewhere along the line !!?? will post results which should kick in after the 3rd injection - in the meantime have decided to use a pair of arm crutch walikgn supports which aliviate the pain somewhatwhen walking,  found them on ebay of all places !!   £12 the pair  new and full adjustable  recommmended kind regards to all Jude 

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

For those that get relief they are great and probably should be the 1st line of treatment. In my case they wouldn't even discuss it with me any more than to say it would be a loss of time, Money and effort. I was too far gone there was nothing for the drug to work on. Every one, every case different. Hope you continue to get the relief you desire
    • Posted

Mine is the same too far gone,never got offered injections,brace ect as its just bone on bone..3 weeks today the hard work will begin..hope the supports give you some help x
    • Posted

Good luck with you op I will be 3weeks post op when you have your as I am having my TKR tomorrow 
    • Posted

Good luck Louise,hope everything goes well,keep us posted x
    • Posted

Best of luck Louise.... keep in mind how bad the knee was.... for comparison in the future after your recovery
    • Posted

Hi I am keeping a diary so that when I have a bad painful day I can compare how it was? Take care x
    • Posted

I think a diary is a great idea,was going to do the myself..all the best
  • Posted

I wanted to try those injections before my knee surgery but my insurance stopped paying for them.  They did, however, pay for the surgery.  Strange what they decide to do and not to do.  Good luck with the injections - sure hope they help!
  • Posted

No experience with that but just wanted to wish you luck! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.