Syptoms of menopause

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi I wonder if anyone can advise please, I'm 48, had a sub total hysterectomy 4 years ago therefore ovaries still there. For the past week, I have been feeling palpitations, aching arms and neck and a really sore wrist, feeling hot particularly at night and taking a while to get to sleep, feeling very tired and i know it sounds daft but my facial hair/whiskers is not growing like it did! Feeling whoozy and dizzy. I also always feel as if I want to wee but not like cystitis, it's like a pressure that isn't too bad but is always there. Should I go to the doctor or try buying some tablets etc from the chemist specifically for menopause first. Thank you!

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi dear Diane.  Hope all is well this Friday!  I would see the doctor first and have blood tests and they test for other things first then you know for sure it's menopause and you can treat it yourself.  Otherwise you will always wonder. That's what I did.  Its probably that lovely, great ole' menopause!!  cry
    • Posted

Hi Dottie, yes you are right, I should have it confirmed. I am feeling very emotional right now, tears running down my face! I feel old and useless and past it. Thanks for replying x
  • Posted

Hi Diane

i would see your doctor Diane in first instance,  full bloods are a good thing, check all okay, in my very early peri i too had sensitive bladder, feelings of cystitus etc and urge to wee all the time, but actually no urgency once there, just the feeling of...

best to talk to the doctor ...  mine have me some tablets to relax bladder muscle to take as and when required ... as after many tests I actually didnt have cystitus just the same feelings.. Jay xx

• Posted

Yep, sounds like good ole peri or menopause. I had a partial with ovaries intact at 49 and then at 51 started getting all sort of symptons.  It turn out my estrogen was really fluctating like a roller coaster since I was toward the end of peri.  Get your blood levels tested and then figure out what you want to do with your doctor.

sandy

• Posted

Hi Diane don't feel old and useless it's just another stage and it does get better. I had the same as you hysterectomy ovaries left in the hot at night is probably hot flashes starting. Also a bit of insomnia I had a bit if that and used it to get some paperwork done until I got tired. Go and see the doctor and see where you are but make a decision natural or hrt ! Then at least you are in control if what happens to your body vitamin b6 is good for mood swings and emotion if you can take it? Don't get down this site us great for answers and support. 
  • Posted

I had a full hysterectomy a year ago and went from shaving legs once a week to once every 3 months. Definately sounds like peri, especially the hot nights, insomnia and dizziness. I had it all before my hysterectomy, now I have actual menopause its pretty much the same but I am on hrt to control most of symptoms. Dizziness persists though.
  • Posted

Hi Diane

this may help you....  just popped on another page on here too ... ' your not seeing double ' 😀

useful snippet iff web for you..

Menopause Mood Swings & Vitamin B6

Vitamin B6 may alleviate menopausal mood swings.

During menopause, mood swings are inevitable with estrogen fluctuations as the body ends its reproductive years.

Vitamin B6 may be one answer to alleviating increased agitation, depression and anger. B vitamins are responsible for mood stabilization by controlling hormone production in the brain and regulating hormone levels. B6 declines as menopause sets in and mood swings become evident. Increasing this vitamin may give women the added boost they need to enjoy the golden years with a better mindset.

For women who suffer with brain fog, and memory issues in perimenopause, low levels of B6 could be part of the problem.

Depression, confusion, and an inability to concentrate are all associated with B6 deficiency. Vertigo, dizziness, and heart palpitations are also common complaints from women going through perimenopause.

All of these symptoms have been associated with (among other things) a B12 deficiency.

Vitamin B6 can also help with stubborn weight gain in perimenopause. It is key in the breakdown and utilization of carbohydrates, fats, and proteins in our diet, and is necessary for a healthy metabolism - both which can help manage weight.

supplements of ******100mg to 300mg per day ... depending on severity 

• Posted

Thanks so much for advice to you all. I dont know why i feel so upset, considering i have had a hysterectomy, but i cry at anything these days! I am permanently hot, wake up feeling as if i am underwater,  cant be bothered to do anything. Ho hum the joys of the menopause!
    • Posted

Hi Diane 

its all your hormones Diane, up and down and emotions taking hold 😥

B6 sorted me out, just before I started taking it i was a wreck, use to be in tears at a drop of a hat, anxious, achey, not interested in anything, wouldnt go out, now thats all turned around and theres no stopping me ... give 150mg B6 a try each morning and maybe some jarrows 5000mcg B12..

may work wonders for you too 😃

Jay xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.